Author Topic: Little stool  (Read 4403 times)

romaway

Little stool
« on: 09:23:37, 22/10/14 »
Now I know many of you will consider me a softie but here goes anyway.  I walk with a group and we always stop for lunch wherever we are on a walk when lunch hunger calls.  As we have no idea what the terrain will be like we often have to sit in wet fields.  That is fine as we all have plastic sheets.

BUT as I have got older it gets more uncomfortable to sit flat on the floor particularly when the best view necessitates having feet a few inches higher than bum ie slopes the wrong way and no bank or foot dangling area.

So wondering around an outdoor shop recently I came across a small tripod stool that was super light and very slim.  I bought one and it is really nice to use.  I have tried others but they are just too heavy or cumbersome, the pound shop one is just too small and the ferrules come off first time.   Just thought I would mention this one in case anyone else had need of a more comfortable sit.

I bought one yesterday and today just as I was looking for this link right now I found it is almost half price (just my luck but never mind) here is a link

http://www.tauntonleisure.com/robens-geographic-stool-grey/p11236?source=froogle&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=comparison_shopping_feeds&utm_nooverride=1&gclid=Cj0KEQjwq52iBRDEvrC12Jnz6coBEiQA2otXAvaUFUSM05XeVdrfKAysb2Zt-a7p_0sKXyvC7pwlVAsaAoFF8P8HAQ

AndyD

Re: Little stool
« Reply #1 on: 14:26:07, 22/10/14 »
Tempting to get a couple for the car actually.

When I saw this thread's title I instantly thought "healthy yoghurt"...

FOX160

« Reply #2 on: 19:12:01, 22/10/14 »
Think you need to look at the reviews, as one reviewer says its to small and more like a child's chair

We have two of theses stools http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-ohio-camping-stool-p142446  

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:13:52, 22/10/14 »
I tried similar and a fishing stool, some years ago. In the end I decided it was not worth the effort.
I seem to recall that there was an inflatable thing, two flat sections hinged so that you had a back to the chair.
Again I suspect it may be easier to be more selective about where you have breaks.
The last idea was a wheelie bin liner, with head and arms cut outs. Insulates you from the wet grass, wind and waterproof LOL
Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

Summit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:55:46, 22/10/14 »
BURN FAT NOT OIL

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:03:10, 22/10/14 »
i recently bought one of these, its so good i ordered another,
i found the stools uncomfortable after a short time and wanted to relax when wild camping
after a hard days slog carrying a heavy pack, similar chairs ive seen are up to £90  :o
it folds up and fits in a small bag  :coolsmiley:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380877444970?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

lostme1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:31:09, 22/10/14 »
I have now got so soft I have a little stool, I carry in the boot of my car, to sit on when I put my boots on. Especially great at the end of a walk when taking them off again.
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

chrisj

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 22:41:35, 22/10/14 »
I just tend to sit on my rucksack.
www.chrisjacksoncoaching.co.uk
From Mountain Summit to River Bank

Strider

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 22:56:36, 22/10/14 »
Got a little tripod stool in Aldi a few weeks back, about twice the size of the one Romaway linked to but also heavier, about 600g. Its fine for 2 quid and much more comfortable than sitting on a mat on the ground.
Not all those who wander are lost

yorksgal

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 00:08:33, 23/10/14 »
Nothing wrong in the good old seat mat that folds away nicely.

wobblyknees

« Reply #10 on: 11:29:18, 23/10/14 »
I just find a rock and sit.

Stube

« Reply #11 on: 14:21:00, 23/10/14 »
Not many rocks on the downs - I use a miniature picnic rug from Poundland (or similar). Then you can lie down and enjoy the view!

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 01:22:40, 25/01/19 »
I know it`s an old thread, but wondered if anyone else can recommend a lightweight stool.Of late on some of my hikes , I have been struggling to find a log or rock to sit on. In younger days it wasn`t a problem to sit low down on flat ground, but in my dotage  ;) , I find my back stiffens up and it`s more difficult to stand afterwards, especially during a tough walk, with legs beginning to ache a tad.I`m not even sure I would be willing to use yet more space up in, or on my rucksack for one, but just maybe.The last hike I did I found some heavy fallen branches to plonk myself onto, with a great view and half way round...just perfect, & even jotted a note on my map.
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Apache

• Account Closed
« Reply #13 on: 04:56:04, 25/01/19 »
Without a doubt Walkstool are some of the best.

« Last Edit: 13:24:49, 25/01/19 by Apache »

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 05:03:07, 25/01/19 »
Without a doubt Walkstool are some of the best.

I cannot post a link but www walkstool com is the manufacturer's site.

Nice advert,
Do you eat spam?
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy