Author Topic: First multi-day hike?  (Read 471 times)

JJ87

First multi-day hike?
« on: 21:51:08, 22/10/18 »
Hi all,

I've set my mind on multi day hiking, but never did more than half days to full days of hiking in the mountains of north Garda lake and Paklenica (Croatia). This means I have zero experience in bringing own supplies, carying heavy gear etc.

To get "into it" and deciding it's really what I want to do I have been looking for "beginner hikes" or 2 to 3 day hikes in Europe (I'm from Belgium myself). Obviously it's mostly the "epic" hikes that get attention online, and so far I've only found Cinque Terre as a relatively easy "multi day" hike.
Because of pig plague and home situation I can't go to Wallonie or Luxembourg :/.

Are there any "I wish I had known about that hike when I first started" idea's?

Cheers
J

Owen

• Veteran Member
Re: First multi-day hike?
« Reply #1 on: 22:01:31, 22/10/18 »
How about the Jura, Northern Switzerland, you can do it using hostels or Getes, I don't think you can wild camp in that part of the world very easily.   

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: First multi-day hike?
« Reply #2 on: 11:15:27, 23/10/18 »
As a Belgium citizen how about hiking on one of the WW1 walks to Ypres, Vimy Ridge or the Somme or further along the 'front line' to Verdun, to be there on November 11th?

Get a train to Caen and then hike a circular walk south on the GR36 through the Suisse Normandie area to Thurry Harcourt, then return from there to Caen on the GR36 Varient route. Takes 4 to 7 days, depending on your walking speed and how much time you want to hang around in one or more places.

To know your choices, for example all over France, I also suggest you go on www.gr-infos.com, ALL of the French GR routes are displayed, in great detail. At the bottom of the main linear routes page there is a whole list of circular routes.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy