Author Topic: If YOU are the landowner ... (Scenario 2)  (Read 1691 times)

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
Re: If YOU are the landowner ... (Scenario 2)
« Reply #15 on: 16:47:35, 18/11/20 »
Sadly Mel you seem to have preponderance of the mindless adherents to the Sarah Slade policy of access and the understandable spin off from continued negative editorials in the CLA's monthly Land and Business,

As a young NFU delegate to The Shropshire County Executive of the National Farmers Union I proposed a motion to form a joint discussion group on access nearly 50 years ago. Despite it nearly being laughed out of the room on proposal, I carried the motion, it was accepted at NFU HQ and even received the support of the CLA, sadly the Ramblers dismissed it out of hand.
Just for the record I am basing my character on the outcome of that proposal having been successful and there being some farmers with an educated knowledge of the structure of the access network and the strategies that could have been introduced.  :(
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 17:06:58, 18/11/20 »

For me there is a straight forward solution , presuming I have time . I will post an arrowed sign pointing to the well weathered stile or at the very least , cut back the vegetation  if there is any , hiding the stile and so make it patently obvious to any walkers how to access the said field . There is then no excuse to climb the gate .
Basically I would make sure that the stile becomes easily visible and also put a smiley face on the arrowed sign if a sign is needed.

Bu try to think of a world without hypotheticals
You can't.
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Thedogsmother

« Reply #17 on: 21:20:45, 22/11/20 »
I would do exactly the same as Dovegirl. Ensure better signage and ensure there was no foliage blocking access to the stile.

I wouldn't be concerned about the visit as I hadn't done anything wrong.

Booga

« Reply #18 on: 17:09:45, 27/11/20 »
This seems like a simple solution, as others have said, put a sign on the gate saying something like "No right of way through this gate, use stile 50m that way ----->"

I've seen plenty of home made signs through farmyards and even across a garden where there may have previously been confusion over where the ROW was.

I'm not sure why this hypothetical situation seems to be a big enough issue to have a thread written about it?

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 17:49:59, 27/11/20 »
It isn't.  But it kept everyone out of mischief for a day or two  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy