Author Topic: Bending Steel in the Clouds!  (Read 2999 times)

irongrip

Bending Steel in the Clouds!
« on: 09:56:23, 21/10/07 »
Bending Steel in the Clouds! (Under aegis of BHSA)

It was an incredible day, the weather conditions was wonderful - wait and see the photos and vids! 

It was certainly a far harder climb than my last climb up Mt. Snowdon, a good step up for me, but of course it was my wife Elizabeth's first climb! But she is a strongwoman and multi record holder.

I got the record bend on Mt. Pen-yr Ole Wen (3,209ft) in front of a climbing club. They took videos and pics and gave me a round of applause which was nice. At the next Mountain Mt. Carnedd Dafydd (3,425ft), I couldn't and neither could Elizabeth get the bends fully. At this point we were very tired and had been climbing for about 5 hours.

Anyway lots more stories and I'll try and get the pics up, and the video later on youtube.

Both of us are like zombies right now and in a lot of pain!

David
Everything you need to know about hand strength
http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/ [nofollow]

irongrip

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Re: Bending Steel in the Clouds!
« Reply #2 on: 14:18:00, 21/10/07 »
Well done on your achievements!

I mean you must have been cream crackered when you got up there, and then to bend some steel as well - not the average thing your climber does.  I'd love to have seen something like that.  Those other climbers are always going to remember that peak now!

Nice one, bro, quality pics as well.  Just waiting for the vid clip now   O0

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 15:19:11, 21/10/07 »
 O0 Just seen photos of your walk/climb and mad bending trip,good for you pal,awsome pics of the day,and congratulations on your new and very different steel bending record attempt,is it going to be in the record book?   as it should,i think judges have to witness it dont they? anyway David/Elizabeth well done to the pair of you,and Elizabeth walking/climbing her first big un..,cant wait to see your video of it all..,
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

irongrip

« Reply #4 on: 19:44:37, 21/10/07 »
Mr Blister,
I did feel a bit tired, but nothing major. Though it was a good climb/walk. Felt tired later on after Carnedd Dafydd. Yes the other climbers did seem to enjoy it.

Darksky,
Glad you liked the pics.
Yes the record is all official, as Elizabeth is an international ref. Elizabeth is already talking of our next climb. Think it'll be the Glyders sometime before December.

I'll get the video up on youtube tomorrow, as it's been a busy day.

Later,
David

Feriol

« Reply #5 on: 20:07:15, 21/10/07 »
Well done mate.  O0
sun dogs fire on the horizon
meteor rain stars across the night
this moment may be brief
but it can be so bright
(Rush - Chain Lightning)

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 16:05:01, 22/10/07 »
 O0 Real good to know its official, plus can i ask when will it be going into the Big Book, once again you two WELL DONE,fantastic achievement.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

irongrip

« Reply #7 on: 19:50:20, 22/10/07 »
Hi,
That was just a hand strength organisation record, but Elizabeth holds a Guinness Rec. This was done this summer on the Paul O'Grady TV Show, where she bent twelve 24" x 1/2" (12mm) steel bars.

David

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 20:56:18, 22/10/07 »
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) O0 Alright again David,plus i think its only good manners and Correct to say HI to Elizabeth aswell seeing as she was in on the walking/climbing and MAD BENDING record on the mountains dont you agree? Anyway as you didn't get the bend fully on Mount Carnedd Dafydd {3,425ft} am i right in assuming that you will try that one again one day? Never the less though great  {personal} achievement in walking/climbing both mountains..,Since Ive been coming on this walking forum Ive not only learnt a great deal and virtually met some really nice genuine Folk,but some of the Tasks folk set for themselves either for Charity or personal achievement I must admit that there are some very fine dedicated & passionate walkers on here be them Man or Woman and i am genuinely very happy to be a part of this little Click amongst some of the other members..,I'm just being honest thats all,it is good to chat to like minded people and from where i live which isn't so bad really you lot are a breath of fresh air..,CHEERS.

irongrip

« Reply #9 on: 22:45:56, 22/10/07 »
I just enjoy doing things with my life, and have done many sports over my years, obviously mostly strength based. My wife Elizabeth is of the same mentality. The climbing is new for us, but you can't beat that feeling as you reach the peak, and of course the views. I actually had/have vertigo, but feel I am possibly beating it - which is very pleasing.

I think the Glyders may be the next trip in maybe 6 weeks time or so.

David

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 01:38:37, 23/10/07 »
Yes i think your beating your Vertigo.., I know what your saying about just doing things with your life David as I have done many varied and intersting things myself and want to carry on the path which i am on now as personally i am in a good place in my life right now, I was just putting a nice spin on yours and others who have recently done something thats really worth talking about..,eg..MR.BLISTER who finished a walk in aid of a charity for the blind..,and also SUMITTZERO who walked for much needed Cash for some friends in need of Help..,Anyhow GLYDERS next for you then,good luck if you do.

irongrip

« Reply #11 on: 17:40:58, 23/10/07 »

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 17:48:56, 23/10/07 »
Excellent! Loved It!  ;)

I like the way you showed the bar to the crowd at the end.  I maintain, this is a wonderful experience to come across on a day out up a mountain, something completely different.

Thanks for sharing!  :)

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 17:57:41, 23/10/07 »
Just watched video..,Very good pal and thanks for sharing it..,

Feriol

« Reply #14 on: 22:33:47, 23/10/07 »
 O0
sun dogs fire on the horizon
meteor rain stars across the night
this moment may be brief
but it can be so bright
(Rush - Chain Lightning)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy