Author Topic: Far Eastern Fells  (Read 1059 times)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Far Eastern Fells
« on: 10:46:26, 24/04/08 »
23rd April 2008

Far Eastern Fells.

The weatherman for once was right today. It was a dull and gray morning but with the promise of sun later. With this in mind we didn't leave home until midday but were parked up and ready to walk by 1pm. As we set off up past The Howe to join the Longmire Track it was still murky but as we headed up the right hand side of the valley towards Long Green Head farm there was signs of it brightening and by the time we reached the short but steepish climb up the south end of The Tongue it was a glorious day.
From the summit we headed northwards to first the old cairns and then the sheepfold before crossing Trout Beck. Turning s'wards we followed the beck down to the old slate bridge and then to Troutbeck Park before making the return to thecar via Ing Bridge and Lane.

Pictures for this walk are now available.

Regards,
Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

darksky

• Veteran Member
Re: Far Eastern Fells
« Reply #1 on: 00:07:28, 29/04/08 »
As usual Dave great photo's mate. how are you feeling these days, if you dont mind me asking pal ?
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Re: Far Eastern Fells
« Reply #2 on: 13:34:09, 30/04/08 »
As usual Dave great photo's mate. how are you feeling these days, if you dont mind me asking pal ?
Thanks DS for your comments here and also for your entry in our Guestbook O0. Still feeling a bit cr@ppy. The new medication as a few unpleasant side effects and just as I was getting used to it the guys at the Rheumatology Clinic have told me to stop taking it until they do some more tests on me.
Just have to keep stuffing the CO-Codamol painkillers down me neck and get on with it.
 ;)

Regards,
Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy