Author Topic: Phone or Compact Camera Suggestions for Walking  (Read 5582 times)

Hillhiker1

• Veteran Member
Re: Phone or Compact Camera Suggestions for Walking
« Reply #30 on: 18:40:00, 08/03/17 »
If you're going down the G3 route, take a look at the Olympus 'EM' range as well. My mate has an EM 10 and it's a fantastic bit of kit. The Optical stabilisation is phenomenal. :D

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 19:41:01, 08/03/17 »
Is it fully waterproof in any weather related situation.
The beauty of any of the Action Cameras is that you can continue shooting even if its raining stair rods.
The purpose of buying a camera for your adventure walking, is to have one that you can take with you, every time, no matter what the weather.
This was the main reason i went with the GoPro.
There were some slightly cheaper and better alternatives, but none were totally waterproof,

Hillhiker1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 20:29:52, 08/03/17 »
I don't think it is fully water proof but I think it has some level of weather protection, but I don't know for sure. For me; water-proofness isn't my primary driver for a camera. It's the creative options with that camera that are. Water proofness hardly features on my camera spec wishes at all.
Personally what I'm interested in are lens quality, sensor size, ISO range, F stop range, shutter speed and aperture control etc etc..

I've used cameras outdoors for years, nay decades, and never had a problem. And no I've never got my camera out when it's raining stair-rods. Why would I want to??

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 12:24:56, 09/03/17 »
Have to say, I agree with Hillwalker.  I rarely take photographs when its raining hard as the view has normally disappeared.  I use a Sony HX60V which I love - however I am a shockingly bad photographer so any good results are a matter of luck  :)

Kukkudrill

« Reply #34 on: 21:06:33, 09/03/17 »
Have to say, I agree with Hillwalker.  I rarely take photographs when its raining hard as the view has normally disappeared. 

Same here.
Make the most of the available light

Forkbeard

« Reply #35 on: 14:02:34, 15/03/17 »
Back to the original request for camera suggestions. Here is a very good review of the Sony DSC-HX90V which may be of interest

http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=31440.0

Thanks, I must've missed that last time I visited the thread.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy