Author Topic: Karrimore hot rocks boots  (Read 1697 times)

no boots walking

Karrimore hot rocks boots
« on: 16:22:22, 27/09/17 »
Hi all , just to warn you all , be aware of karrimor  hot rocks  " extreme waterproof " boots  .cos they are NOT !! Bought a pair just a couple of months ago and they leak like a sieve . contacted the supplier "kickback sports" which is "sports direct" online , who indicated they are only waterproof at time of  purchase and not once you put them on "" staggering . They told me they need regular reproofing , bit strange as they are sold as having a waterproof membrane - dont know how you change that  . And of course you can only return them within 14 days if you havnt worn them !! . I should have known better but only wanted them  as a lightweight    dog walking boot .  Remember Karrimor is owned by "sports direct" with their legendary customer service .didnt know that when purchased , so be warned .Any one else purchased a Karrimor product and been disappointed by the new quality standard ?? . Happy walking and keep your feet dry

MarkT

Re: Karrimore hot rocks boots
« Reply #1 on: 21:10:44, 27/09/17 »

I purchased a pair of Karrimor boots 18 months ago and after 3 trips to the lakes one of the lace loops at the top of the boot snapped off,  half way up Great Gable!

I was still able to tighten the laces around the back of the boot which I found uncomfortable.

On my return I took the boots back to Sports Direct and they said the fact I had worn them, they would not replace or even repair the boots. The shop assistant tried to sell me another pair which I laughed at and decided to buy a pair of Solomon boots from GoOutdoors

nesty

« Reply #2 on: 22:11:40, 27/09/17 »
The thing with Karimmor boots they all cheap china. I used to have a pair of the old UK made Karimmor boots years ago and they were ok. Though it's mike ashley usual, buy the name move it to china and make out it's UK, with a union jack on front, which I find an insult.

I noticed as well with the Karmmor stuff they start them off as ridiculous prices I saw one mountain set a few months ago £280. No way will someone pay that for Karmimor. Then after a few months it's the 70% off deals you see.

Sadly it's another make which sufferred the move to china.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:00:46, 28/09/17 »
Just looked them up, £41.99. As a person living on a reduced pension who has to be very careful with their spending, I fully recognise that this can be a big amount for some outside of their day to day necessities, nevertheless I'd expect to pay three or four times that much for a pair of boots (I manage it by scrimping and saving elsewhere). Unfortunately it's a case of you get what you pay for, although they should have been a leetle bit better than what was experienced.

nesty

« Reply #4 on: 14:59:21, 28/09/17 »
I have a pair of budget boots Anatom.
You can pick decent ones up on ebay cheaper them Karrimor. I got mine for about £30 new (without Box). They are not a caught on make.
If you look around you can get much better quality for the price then Karrimor, IMHO

jethro10

« Reply #5 on: 16:34:21, 28/09/17 »
Karrimor are now just a brand name of Sports Direct - ceased to be a proper company many moons ago. Sports direct are the cheapest of the cheap in a bad way.

Budget brands with a decent reputation would be the like of Regatta, Craghoppers, Decathlon (Quechua) and are likely to be fair value for money.

J

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 18:25:04, 28/09/17 »
Budget brands with a decent reputation would be the like of Regatta, Craghoppers, Decathlon (Quechua) and are likely to be fair value for money.

Not sure about Craghoppers, they're now part of Spots Direct too.

jethro10

« Reply #7 on: 18:46:15, 28/09/17 »
Not sure about Craghoppers, they're now part of Spots Direct too.

Are you thinking about Gelert? Craghoppers are owned by Regatta, along with Dare2b. Although you can buy some of their stuff at Sports Direct.

J

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 19:44:20, 28/09/17 »
Thanks for the clarification. I had assumed SD owned Craghoppers because you see so much of the brand in their stores.

jethro10

« Reply #9 on: 20:07:19, 28/09/17 »
Thanks for the clarification. I had assumed SD owned Craghoppers because you see so much of the brand in their stores.

And that's why I wouldn't put my brand in Sports Direct.
I'm surprised they have Solomon in there, for instance.
J

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy