Author Topic: Pennine Way Accommodation  (Read 7673 times)

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Re: Pennine Way Accommodation
« Reply #30 on: 18:37:57, 23/01/18 »
You would miss the food in The Crown Inn, absolutely wonderful - whilst I judge my walks on the challenge/scenery the food/drink is also important!

Yep ... Very true. Stayed there last May  O0
Where there's a will ...

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 18:39:10, 23/01/18 »
Wimps...it was only 26 miles anyway lol.  :D
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 19:00:01, 23/01/18 »
Well the routes only 268 miles in total but I still wouldn't do it in one go  ;D
Where there's a will ...

johhnyp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 20:03:21, 23/01/18 »
The food is good there O0 the hordes of 3 Peakers take the edge of it a bit! :-[

forest view

« Reply #34 on: 23:50:10, 02/02/18 »
Yes we did Hebden to Ponden to Gargrave, but then we had only a short walk to Malham , so had a bit of a rest. But we did walk it over 19 days  :D  We just had to keep jugging the schedule around until we found one that fitted us best. I do recall my hubby only had 5 days to Malham at first and I was a bit concerned about long mileage on a couple of days so early on, so we changed it to 6 but of course you can never even the days out! Seems to be getting a bit of a problem on a lot of long distance walks now, there’s always one or two places with a lack of accommodation. Perhaps I’ll open a B&B up, Lothersdale maybe, that would be a good place, any takers?  ;D
Hey if you have an urge to run a B&B I`ve one you can buy ready to go with £35,000 in forward bookings with deposits paid and sitting in a bank account just waiting for you. Joyce
www.forestviewbyrness.co.uk 
# 1 place to stay in Byrness (Tripadvisor)

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 09:32:14, 03/02/18 »
Hey if you have an urge to run a B&B I`ve one you can buy ready to go with £35,000 in forward bookings with deposits paid and sitting in a bank account just waiting for you. Joyce

On no, you're serious.
https://www.christie.com/news-resources/press-releases/september-2017/forest-view-walkers-inn-seeking-new-owners/

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 09:34:19, 03/02/18 »

Haha. I don’t think I’d have the energy to work as hard as you and Colin do Joyce!  ;D

forest view

« Reply #37 on: 11:47:37, 03/02/18 »
We don`t have the energy either (colin is 67 and I`m not far behind) we have removed it from Christies because they were marketing it to business people and chain hotels and thats not what Forest View needs it needs a family who love the countryside to run it. We are trying to sell it ourselves to make sure it stays as a walkers accommodation so if anyone has facebook please share Forest View walkers Inn`s ``Escape to the countryside post`` Thanks 
www.forestviewbyrness.co.uk 
# 1 place to stay in Byrness (Tripadvisor)

AFANASIEW

« Reply #38 on: 15:13:02, 03/03/18 »
I did Mankinholes YH, Haworth YH (bus) then Earby YH. The best features of hostels are a) cameraderie and b) drying rooms, not always in that order.
It's simple - one foot in front of the other.

Bless My Soles

« Reply #39 on: 14:02:17, 23/04/18 »
Stayed here in the past, I don't know if it is still doing B&B

Lanes End House Cowling 01535 630485

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy