Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1674 times)

BARON BASKERVILLE

Introduction
« on: 16:29:07, 18/03/18 »
 :) Good Afternoon'
Just like to introduce myself - My username is Baron Baskerville. I am 72 years old and live on the Island of Jersey. However, I first set foot on Dartmoor in 1965 when I joined the Parachute Regiment. Later, I worked for a number of years as a senior instructor at the Outward Bound School in Ashburton (there were only 15 stamps on the moor in those days!!) - also On Drake's Island. Have spent my life climbing mountains or going on long expeditions and I have been coming to Dartmoor virtually every year and will be wandering over it for 2 weeks with a tent this August. It's just in my blood!

jontea

• Veteran Member
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 11:01:13, 19/03/18 »
Welcome to the forum from me in Cheshire, I think you might be our first Baron (great name btw)  ;)

72yrs and still camping on Dartmoor, good for you  O0

Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:54:23, 19/03/18 »
Welcome 'Me Lord', I have been known to take the odd poke a the aristocrapsy, who litter our countryside with no go zones areas around their once sacred piles, though many of them no longer live on location.

Look forward to hearing of adventures past and present, with a warm welcome from Shropshire and Welsh Marches, where I have been known to bend the righteous way a yard or two. Especially where there is a titled personage above or below the ground. ;D
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

BARON BASKERVILLE

« Reply #3 on: 15:07:37, 19/03/18 »
 :) Good Afternoon Barewirewalker,
thank you for your reply. My Grandfather's family -  (and of course my father ) came from the Welsh Marches. He lived in Shrewsbury where I went to school. Baron B.

BARON BASKERVILLE

« Reply #4 on: 15:12:01, 19/03/18 »
 :) Good Afternoon Jontea,
thank you for your message. Nothing better than being under canvas at Amicombe Bend when it is tossing it down. Baron B.

RogerA

« Reply #5 on: 15:41:10, 19/03/18 »
Welcome from North Warwickshire

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 16:00:07, 19/03/18 »
:)  where I went to school. Baron B.

My less than scholarly ways were initiated at a school with classrooms situated in an old Victorian Workhouse, a new but younger Darwin now stands outside of the window of Lower 4b.

If you entered the same portal, you may have done so 3 years after I.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 19:38:51, 19/03/18 »
Hello B.B and welcome from the Peak District :)

I've never been to Jersey but have always wanted to go there. Are there good walks on the island?  Is there a decent coast path?

You're very lucky to be surrounded by the sea! :D

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 21:33:50, 19/03/18 »
Welcome from Portsmouth

BARON BASKERVILLE

« Reply #9 on: 10:28:41, 20/03/18 »
 :)   Good Morning,
      thank you for your welcome. I like your name -Gunwharfman. I used to fire the 9 pounder we have at Elizabeth Castle here when I was in the Militia. Baron B

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy