Author Topic: Salomon Mudstone GTX (Goretex) boots review  (Read 4731 times)

PaulJ

Salomon Mudstone GTX (Goretex) boots review
« on: 05:42:38, 02/04/18 »
Hi, picked up a pair of these in early March and thought I would share my thoughts on them. I had heard that Salomon boots were narrow fitting, and perhaps they wouldn't suit a wider foot (I think I'm average), but they seemed OK to me in that respect. What struck me was the length, they seemed very short! I normally take a size 9 and my toes were touching the end of the boot. I bought a pair of size 10's and they have been a great fit and very comfortable so far. What struck me the most is the weight however, the lightest boots I've ever owned. When I picked them up it was like picking up a pair of trainers.

Other than that, the grips are chunky and deep enough for muddy conditions, which suits my walking (not so many wet rocks etc on my usual walks, but plenty of mud), and they've been well and truly tested in wet conditions without any problems so far. Also, there has been no need to break them in at all, literally comfy straight out of the box. Nevertheless, I hope they will be even more comfy as I do wear them in a little more.

I intend to put them to the test over the next 3-4 months (some longer walks etc), so if they fall apart or suddenly start leaking I'll add that to this thread and let you know!

Best regards, Paul
« Last Edit: 05:51:58, 02/04/18 by PaulJ »
Paul Jonsson. Walking from Woking!

My Blog:- http://walkingfromwoking.blogspot.co.uk/ [nofollow]

nesty

Re: Salomon Mudstone GTX (Goretex) boots review
« Reply #1 on: 15:26:58, 02/04/18 »
Look good. Tho be careful on wet rock! Especially on limestome, which many paths in Peak District use.
I prefer Vibram soles on my footwear. I find the vibram soles grippy, even on wet rock. Some manufacturers make their own soles and go for a harder compound. Ok gives, longevity maybe, but not grippy on slippy surfaces.
All IMHO!

GL

« Reply #2 on: 19:26:05, 09/05/18 »
I also got a pair of these in March. They are incredibly comfortable and lightweight. However mine developed a leak on the front of the left boot. Have just emailed Saloman about it. It's the second pair of Saloman that I've had issues with the first pair started to fall apart after one wear, I used to like there stuff but have lost confidence in them now.

PaulJ

« Reply #3 on: 03:00:53, 22/07/18 »
Hi GL, sorry to hear about your problems, maybe a bad batch?

I haven't had any problems with my pair and have hammered them recently, including a one day 16 hour walk from Woking to the South coast (Shoreham by Sea) via the Downs Link - admittedly went through a few pairs of socks, but no blisters! I don't think I could ask for more from a pair of boots?

Best regards, Paul.
Paul Jonsson. Walking from Woking!

My Blog:- http://walkingfromwoking.blogspot.co.uk/ [nofollow]

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy