Author Topic: Summer Spine Race  (Read 1807 times)

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
Summer Spine Race
« on: 08:19:51, 24/06/18 »
For those interested in “following the dots”, the Summer Spine Race on the Pennine Way started yesterday.

harland

• Veteran Member
Re: Summer Spine Race
« Reply #1 on: 12:25:35, 24/06/18 »

DanielSingleton

« Reply #2 on: 19:40:14, 24/06/18 »
I did wonder what was going on, I walked the Crowden to Standedge leg of the PW yesterday and was being overtaken by competitors throughout the whole day, some by as early as 10am, and I believe the race only started at 8am! (I'd taken 2 days to reach that point).  After huffing and puffing my way up, I was amazed at how quickly and effortlessly some of them flew up Laddow Rocks.

Massive respect to anyone attempting the race, those are some super fit guys and gals.
« Last Edit: 20:39:02, 24/06/18 by DanielSingleton »

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:55:58, 02/07/18 »
I believe last year, one or two of the competitors were attempting a double traverse.
You can count the number of ultra distance elite runners who have run from Kirk Yetholm to the Nags Head in Edale, and turned around and run back, on one hand.
The physical fitness involved is superhuman, beyond the comprehension of us mortals.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:32:22, 02/07/18 »
 The race was won in 3 days 6 hours by a bloke from Surrey Walking Club.Pretty good effort in the conditions and only two hours slower than Joss Naylor's fully supported run.Apparently he has run 100 miles cross country in 14 hours 6 minutes. O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy