Author Topic: Hey!  (Read 1009 times)

Worfsfeatherduster

Hey!
« on: 19:55:41, 09/07/18 »
Hey!

I just wanted to pop a post here to introduce myself. I'm Kirsty, 31, currently living in rural Inverness-shire!
Totally new to hillwalking and absolutely loving it! I'm completely new to it all, and slowly building my confidence. I've only currently climbed a few Sub 2000s,  but I'm actually doing it as a new get fit lifestyle. Currently lost a fair bit of weight, with another bit to go yet!
My partner and I have a 2 year ambition to hike to Everest Base Camp. Unfortunately I'll never summit because of my asthma!

Any time and good, steady climbs across Scotland would be much appreciated, so would some tips on how to deal with bloody horseflies! They're eating me alive!
« Last Edit: 20:06:19, 09/07/18 by Worfsfeatherduster »

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
Re: Hey!
« Reply #1 on: 00:26:29, 10/07/18 »
Hey Kirsty.
I'm a tad jealous of your home area.  Tis lovely up there.   Hello from down here in Yorkshire tho'/ O0 O0

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:29:03, 19/07/18 »

Welcome to the forum, Kirsty. I drove through Inverness yesterday, on my way back to Orkney from Fort William. You're certainly well placed to get stuck in to some serious hill walking!

A suggestion for a good introductory hill, if I may - Meall a Bhuachaille at the head of Glen More near Aviemore - A beautiful walk up through the pine woods to lovely An Lochan Uaine, then on to Ryvoan Bothy before following a clearly defined path up the hill. Route finding is easy and the summit is a good viewpoint.

https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/cairngorms/meallabhuachaille.shtml

WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Stevi3

« Reply #3 on: 10:26:11, 19/07/18 »
Welcome Kirsty,

Lovely part of Scotland you are based. Best of luck in your 2 year goal  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy