Author Topic: Dragon's Back Ridge (Parkhouse and Chrome Hill)  (Read 1202 times)

loopysarah81

Hi All!

Has anyone done this walk?

I am a fit walker but struggle when I think I might fall… hence gave up ¾ way up Snowdon because of a steep scree section.

I have been looking for walks to push myself a bit… fairly close to me so we don’t spend more time in the car or paying for accommodation.

I came across these two small ridges… mixed reviews online from what I have been reading. I think Parkhouse has some very steep bits?

Thanks in advance.
Sarah

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Re: Dragon's Back Ridge (Parkhouse and Chrome Hill)
« Reply #1 on: 14:30:49, 09/05/19 »
It's a relatively easy walk, did it quite a few years ago though but doubt it's changed much  O0
Where there's a will ...

loopysarah81

« Reply #2 on: 15:13:47, 09/05/19 »
Thank you sussamb!

Petrolhead

« Reply #3 on: 15:35:11, 09/05/19 »
It has some steep sections and there's a little bit of exposure once you're up there but it's absolutely doable and also wonderful. You can always turn around like you did on Snowdon if you feel it's getting a bit much but I really don't think you will.

Also near by is Ramshaw Rocks which is a glorious spot. No route needed just explore.

And another one is the Roaches which is one of the best walks in the Peak District in my opinion, especially if you go the bit extra and do Lud's Church too.

This whole area is one of my very favourite parts of England. You can't really go wrong.

Happy walking.

loopysarah81

« Reply #4 on: 16:08:33, 09/05/19 »
Hi petrolhead

(I don't know how to tag people by name) :(

I have done the Roaches and loved it! Luds church too! And we did a walk from Flash to axe edge to Three Shires Head which was also beautiful!

I haven't heard of Ramsahw rocks so I will be sure to look that up too! Thank you|! :-)

happyhiker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:05:12, 09/05/19 »
It is important to pick the right route off Parkhouse Hill. See my free route on my website - https://tinyurl.com/yxmgzl7t

loopysarah81

« Reply #6 on: 19:25:43, 09/05/19 »
Thank you happyhiker that's a great informative link  :)

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 22:35:17, 09/05/19 »

It isn't possible on this forum.

Anyway, if you do end up doing the Parkhouse/Chrome Hill walk please do let us know how you get on.  I've had my eye on that walk for a few years now but have never got round to it so it would be good to see a trip report (and piccies)  O0

Petrolhead

« Reply #8 on: 16:52:40, 10/05/19 »
Hi petrolhead

I have done the Roaches and loved it! Luds church too! And we did a walk from Flash to axe edge to Three Shires Head which was also beautiful!

I haven't heard of Ramsahw rocks so I will be sure to look that up too! Thank you|! :-)

You're welcome Sarah.

That's cool that you've already done the Roaches and Lud's Church. Brilliant walks. And Three Shires Head is absolutely magic huh? Like a scene from a fairytale.

Ramshaw Rocks is really easy. There's a layby right by it and then you just wander. A glorious way to kill an hour or so.

Took this last time I was there:

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 08:10:17, 11/05/19 »
Hope you enjoy Chrome/Parkhouse Sarah. It's such a lovely area on a nice day and there are great views all around from the summits.
I never tire of walking there O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 09:13:33, 11/05/19 »
Great photo petrolhead

Petrolhead

« Reply #11 on: 09:28:37, 14/05/19 »
Great photo petrolhead

:)

Thanks a lot Mike!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy