Author Topic: Photo hosting sites (again....sorry)  (Read 4684 times)

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: Photo hosting sites (again....sorry)
« Reply #15 on: 07:59:11, 21/05/19 »

Hi Jac

When I used Facebook all my images were set to private / friends only yet I could still copy them to here.

I'm not sure what you're doing but this is what I did .... In FB click on the image I wanted to share to here then right click within the image and select "copy image address"; back on the forum I'd then select "post reply" and then click on the little Insert Image button (top left under the "B" button) and paste the gobbledegook into there.  Click OK and voila... image appears in the post reply box.

When left clicking on the pic on fb I don't get 'copy image address' just 'copy'. When clicking on the little camera insert image above I no longer get img img between which I used to insert the address I now get a box with 'walkingforum.co.uk needs some information from you insert image location' in box. I so do and it then all goes to hell in a handcart.
Something has changed 'cos it did used to work perfectly well.

Thank you all for trying - I'll just have to sign up for a hosting site.
« Last Edit: 08:10:10, 21/05/19 by Jac »
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 08:16:08, 21/05/19 »
I thought the direct Facebook CDN links like Mel used changed which is why I didn't recommend that but I Googled it and it appears they don't so what Mel said should work for you. I don't know what browser you are using so don't know why you have no copy image URL. What browser are you using?

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 08:41:21, 21/05/19 »
Bing

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 08:49:16, 21/05/19 »
Bing isn't a web browser it's a search engine. Your Web browser is the app you open to surf the Internet. It's probably called Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari if you're on a Mac. Know which one now?

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 13:11:40, 21/05/19 »
In FB left click on the image I wanted to share to here

then right click within the image and select "copy image address";

back on the forum I'd then select "post reply" and then click on the little Insert Image button (top left under the "B" button) and paste the gobbledegook into the box that comes up.  Click OK.

When left clicking on the pic on fb I don't get 'copy image address' just 'copy'. When clicking on the little camera insert image above I no longer get img img between which I used to insert the address I now get a box with 'walkingforum.co.uk needs some information from you insert image location' in box. I so do and it then all goes to hell in a handcart.
Something has changed 'cos it did used to work perfectly well.

Thank you all for trying - I'll just have to sign up for a hosting site.

If I've understood what you're doing correctly, you're left clicking on the image you want but then you need to RIGHT click within the image to get the option to "copy image address" which you should select.  It doesn't bring anything up but somehow behind the scenes magically copies the coding you need which you then paste into the forum's "insert image" pop up box (you don't need all the img coding either side of it).

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 13:16:17, 21/05/19 »
I thought she just mistyped left instead of right! Mel you could work in tech support if your new job disappoints, you seem to be better at it than me  O0

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 08:30:24, 22/05/19 »

left :( right :-\ - I reckon I've clicked in every direction possible and every combination possible. No, it used to work; it doesn't now. :tickedoff: 
I will sign up to a hosting site  O0

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 09:16:46, 22/05/19 »
Bing isn't a web browser it's a search engine. Your Web browser is the app you open to surf the Internet. It's probably called Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari if you're on a Mac. Know which one now?

Sorry Rob. Didn't scroll back far enough to see your reply; it's Edge. Which may be interesting as before my laptop took a holiday and was coaxed back to life, being changed from XP to 10 at the same time, it must also have been changed from Explorer to Edge. I just hadn't noticed.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 09:44:25, 22/05/19 »

Here we go - fingers crossed - from tinypics, resized as rob recommended (but god how I hated all the flashing adverts while doing it)

Well - can anyone see it - cos I [censored]***** can't. Just the little black box with the cross of death it.
No, even that has disappeared - just ''

Warbler

« Reply #24 on: 09:58:23, 22/05/19 »

Jac…..I've also had recent struggles posting photo's on here, although not through FB.

First I registered with tinypic, but like yourself, hated all the clutter that came with it. So, I binned tinypic and registered with imgbb. It took me a while to work it out but got there in the end. And no clutter.

If you go with imgbb, this thread may help.....

http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=38109.msg540742#msg540742

PS.. I'm also using "Edge"

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 10:49:40, 22/05/19 »
I'll give that a go, Warbler. Sorry to have highjacked your thread :-[

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 18:22:13, 22/05/19 »
Hope you get sorted Jac.  I bet it's something really simple.  Have a play around with the resizing ... I don't recall ever resizing anything when I used photobucket so it might be that you don't need to do that.

Our computers at work use Edge but I'd get shot for going on FB on my work's computer so I can't explore that avenue for you  :(

Warbler

« Reply #27 on: 18:32:00, 22/05/19 »
 Jac…..I don’t feel you’ve highjacked my thread. Your posting pics issue is totally relevant to the topic.

If you've gone down the imgbb route, here’s how I did it:

Logged into imgbb.
Click on “Upload”
Click on “browse from your computer”
Select file from your folder and click “open”
Click on the image preview and change the resize box to 640 x 480 and add any other info if you wish, then click “submit”.
Click upload (takes 30 seconds or so to upload).
Next, hover over the uploaded image thumbnail and click “Embed codes”. In the box that pops up, from the dropdown menu, select “BBCode full”
Then copy and paste the code into your forum post. I didn’t use the “insert image” icon, I simply pasted it into my post.
Click on the forum preview button, and your image should be there. It worked for me anyway.  
Good luck!  :)  

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 07:22:16, 23/05/19 »

Orange tip butterflies. Pembrokeshire

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 07:23:29, 23/05/19 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy