Author Topic: Bear Grylls and Warwick Davis  (Read 855 times)

Pitboot

Bear Grylls and Warwick Davis
« on: 20:16:07, 17/01/19 »
They are in the Lake District on tonights show, anyone know where they recorded it? I've been trying to spot familiar hills but no luck so far.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Re: Bear Grylls and Warwick Davis
« Reply #1 on: 21:50:04, 17/01/19 »
I recall watching that episode last summer. Take a look at Google it should all be on there by now.

MarkT

« Reply #2 on: 21:52:19, 17/01/19 »
I watched this first time round and again tonight, I think Warwick was picked up by helicopter near the top of Fleetwith Pike as the helicopter flew in over Buttermere and Crammock Water. I believe they were dropped off on or near Castle Crag.  The rest of it I'm unsure but they kept showing views over Derwent Water.

Using google though, the cave could be Millican Dalton's cave but never been there so not sure. If others can confirm there is a sheer vertical cliff near by (the one Bear and Warwick abseiled down), it could that.

Pitboot

« Reply #3 on: 22:04:52, 17/01/19 »
Thanks. I wouldn't have slept in that cave without a sleep mat, but hey it was only tv!

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 22:16:34, 17/01/19 »
Yes I just looked up a few clips of the deathslide.  Definitely Derwent water.

Worth noting that they jump around an area by other means than foot, when filming.  When Bear was on Dartmoor they somehow ended up in Scraesdon Fort at Torpiont,. The very fort where I did my first outward bound training with the RN, back in 1981.  Fond memories.

So any one who knows the area don't assume the route is linier.
« Last Edit: 22:19:47, 17/01/19 by BuzyG »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy