Author Topic: Meindl Bhutan boots  (Read 2975 times)

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Meindl Bhutan boots
« on: 19:21:41, 14/06/19 »
Anyone with any current experience of these boots? I did a forum search but nothing posted recently.
Where there's a will ...

Pitboot

Re: Meindl Bhutan boots
« Reply #1 on: 19:28:57, 14/06/19 »
I tried on a pair this afternoon. Not much help to you I know. However they were well constructed with a bit of give in the sole, very comfortable inner that fitted me well, except that the toe area was not roomy enough for me so I did not buy them. Going up a size there was too much heel lift.
I'm still looking for a good pair of boots that will suit me, probably going to Whalley's next week and buying British.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:48:20, 14/06/19 »
... the toe area was not roomy enough for me so I did not buy them. Going up a size there was too much heel lift.

That's normally my issue too  ;)

Unfortunately Whalleys is too far for me.
Where there's a will ...

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:27:48, 14/06/19 »
I tried on a pair this afternoon. Not much help to you I know. However they were well constructed with a bit of give in the sole, very comfortable inner that fitted me well, except that the toe area was not roomy enough for me so I did not buy them. Going up a size there was too much heel lift.
I'm still looking for a good pair of boots that will suit me, probably going to Whalley's next week and buying British.

Try the Meindl Meran.

They have a good size Toe-Box (even big enough for my Bunion)
They are a 'wide-fit' as standard.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:59:30, 14/06/19 »
I use Bhutans - best boot I've ever used , personal I know.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:05:57, 14/06/19 »

Try the Meindl Meran.

They have a good size Toe-Box (even big enough for my Bunion)
They are a 'wide-fit' as standard.

Thanks  O0
Where there's a will ...

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:06:22, 14/06/19 »

Thanks, good to know  O0
Where there's a will ...

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 22:12:41, 14/06/19 »
+1 from Mrs IM.
On the other hand I have Altberg Tetheras and I say the same.
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 22:23:16, 14/06/19 »
 O0
Where there's a will ...

Ralph

« Reply #9 on: 22:25:00, 14/06/19 »
+1  for Bhutan

humansnail

« Reply #10 on: 22:43:30, 14/06/19 »

I bought my Bhutans after getting sick of returning my leaking salomons and they have done exactly what I wanted them to do. They are extremely waterproof, have good grip and always feel reliably sturdy. I think I've had mine for about 3 years, not sure how many miles they have done but I'm usually out and about every fortnight or so with a few weeks of walking holidays on top. They are now showing signs of wear but I feel that I've had my money's worth and there is still hopefully a fair bit of life left in them. Never had wet feet (except from sweat on long, hot days and when being too lazy to put my gaitors on and sinking in bogs!) For a leather boot, I've found them really comfy. On longer, "less rugged" walks they are probably overkill and can feel a bit heavy at the end of a long day. However, I can't complain as I don't usually do that much walking on the flat and didn't buy them for that purpose. I'm happy with how they have performed and would be happy to buy another pair when they eventually die.
Also, I know it's not recommended but they have been fine with flexible crampons (I used grivel g10's). I only do "easier" hills in winter and generally tend to stick to hills that don't include scrambling and don't have really steep gradients. They might be fine with crampons on tougher hills too, but I'll leave that for someone with more experience to comment on!

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 07:19:29, 15/06/19 »
Great, thanks for that, think my mind is made up  O0
Where there's a will ...

humansnail

« Reply #12 on: 09:10:16, 15/06/19 »

Also, forgot to mention-
After getting mine I read a few people saying they didn't rate the insole. I didn't give the insole that much thought at the time as I just thought the slight lack of comfort compared to the super comfy solomons was just a trade off for dry feet etc. Mine fit perfectly so I've never put an insole in for fear of them ending up a bit tight but in hindsight I probably should have looked into this to get the best of both worlds.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 17:53:32, 15/06/19 »
Thanks, I'll remember to take my sorbothane insoles with me  O0
Where there's a will ...

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 20:28:29, 15/06/19 »
Also, forgot to mention-
After getting mine I read a few people saying they didn't rate the insole. I didn't give the insole that much thought at the time as I just thought the slight lack of comfort compared to the super comfy solomons was just a trade off for dry feet etc. Mine fit perfectly so I've never put an insole in for fear of them ending up a bit tight but in hindsight I probably should have looked into this to get the best of both worlds.
Mrs I announced yesterday that she intended looking for new insoles too. The bog standard need upgrading (but she still rates the boots regardless).
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy