Author Topic: Good Trails for Running  (Read 1717 times)

Scream

Good Trails for Running
« on: 22:36:39, 08/04/08 »
Evening all - new to the website.

Whilst I'm a frequent walker of Munros I also like running long distances.

I've heard there's a good trail around Loch Katrine - has anyone walked/ran it previously?  If you know of any other good trails in the area (I'm a frequent visitor to the WHW) I'd be much obliged.

Looking for around twenty miles, mostly on trail and a with some hills...

Thanks

Scream

Re: Good Trails for Running
« Reply #1 on: 19:23:06, 11/04/08 »
No-one?

kkm

« Reply #2 on: 21:23:48, 11/04/08 »
sorry - not ignoring you, but no i havent got a clue  :-\

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:36:30, 14/04/08 »
I tend to be further North I'm afraid so Can't help you with the Trossachs. There are sme good trails running up from the falls and bridge in Glen Orchy that folk use a lot.

Ian
www.mountainfreedom .co.uk
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

the coot

« Reply #4 on: 09:17:13, 17/05/08 »
Yes, there is a road/trail on the east side of Lock Katrine, most people take the steamer up to Stronachlachar then cycle back. I have walked the western side of the loch from Stronachlacher back to the ferry through the Belach nam Bo and it was quite easy, if trackless in parts, in spring, but bracken would give trouble later in the year. So yes, in theory you could run a circuit of Loch Katrine. There are plenty of other places to run in the area. The Glen Finglas area has a good circuit you could use, which is boring to walk but would be a good run.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy