Author Topic: Walking injuries  (Read 8757 times)

windyrigg

• Veteran Member
Re: Walking injuries
« Reply #75 on: 08:40:54, 23/12/20 »
Glad to see things are improving  O0

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #76 on: 09:14:05, 23/12/20 »
Thanks everyone. Muscles are a bit sore today and my back is a bit stiff, but no major setbacks. I will take my own advice and not try to do too much too soon. In the past I may have overdone things and made injuries worse than they might otherwise have been.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: 17:45:44, 23/12/20 »
I caught my boot toe area under some brambles today and I fell instantly forward onto my face! It happened so fast I had no time to adjust my fall and my face plunged into a mush of water, mud and smelly rotting leaves! I was very lucky, if it had been dry I'm sure I would have knocked my front teeth out! I'm now also nursing a painful bruised hand and a 'bramble cut' across my palm. That cut really did 'smart' for a while!

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: 13:44:38, 24/12/20 »
I managed another walk of just under 4 miles today in the snow. I was quite a bit slower today and obviously need a bit more recovery time after such a long lay off. I will have a rest day tomorrow and Boxing Day weather is not looking good. It might be heavy rain, snow or some of each, with some strong wind thrown in for good measure.

Toxicbunny

« Reply #79 on: 18:27:20, 01/01/21 »
@gunwarfman you are lucky you didn't damage your teeth. I fell flat on my face and broke my tooth this year. I had a nightmare as NHS were not extracting teeth and had to pay private to have the roots extracted. I didn't fall dainty like some women just an almighty face plant. 

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #80 on: 19:22:47, 01/01/21 »
As I wrote, I was lucky. Sorry, you had to go through your difficulty.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy