Author Topic: Hamsterley Forest walks  (Read 2241 times)

Toxicbunny

Hamsterley Forest walks
« on: 17:23:54, 29/07/20 »
It's a few years since I've been and I'm planning a visit there. I know they have trails marked around there but I can imagine them being busy as every where is now. Anyone done any walks there lately or recommend a quieter walk off the popular routes around hamsterly if that's possible.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Solvitur Ambulando

Toxicbunny

Re: Hamsterley Forest walks
« Reply #2 on: 17:39:06, 29/07/20 »
Fantastic 👏  I will look at those. I'm looking at going at the weekend as Friday looks like a hot day too hot to be on a hike.  Thanks

geordie33

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:41:02, 30/07/20 »
I did Bedburn (just outside the forest) a few weeks ago.The area around the visitor centre was busy but as we got into the forest there was only the odd biker.We went up to Drs Gate and across the moors returning via Hoppyland farm.Hardly saw a soul.Lovely views on the moors

Toxicbunny

« Reply #4 on: 19:50:14, 30/07/20 »
Thanks, everywhere is so busy now. I want to visit the forest but avoid the crowds if thats possible.

geordie33

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:05:57, 30/07/20 »
Thanks, everywhere is so busy now. I want to visit the forest but avoid the crowds if thats possible.
Definitely a place where you can avoid crowds

Toxicbunny

« Reply #6 on: 18:01:23, 02/08/20 »
Update: I visited Hamsterley forest today. I was pleasantly suprised that it was not too busy. I did go in the morning.  It was mainly bikers very few walkers and no illegal raves in the woods  ;D . Since its quiet I will be going back. I have a camper van so I have my own amenenities so couldn't give advice if any facilities were open. It was a nice day for walking dry underfoot even though we have had rain up north. I sprayed myself with insect repellant hubby didn't he has some lovely horsefly bites as a souvenir. Thanks for the walks i downloaded to my os map app and did ninthaces bottom one.  One of the roads into hamsterly was blocked off i dont know why so we had to drive in another way. Parking machines not working so parking was free.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy