Author Topic: Wild flowers.  (Read 1031 times)

GnP

• Veteran Member
Wild flowers.
« on: 15:09:00, 24/05/20 »
Wild flowers being allowed to bloom on road side verges .. :) :)
" Plantlife Cymru has campaigned for better protection of these areas since 2013, pointing to a 20% drop in the UK's floral diversity since 1990 . "

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52708577
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

vghikers

• Veteran Member
Re: Wild flowers.
« Reply #1 on: 18:34:00, 24/05/20 »
Another positive effect, let's hope the idea gains traction. They might learn that making everywhere pristine and sanitized is not a good thing, unkempt wildflower meadows are a delight and are far more beneficial to butterflies etc.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:04:15, 24/05/20 »
Another positive effect, let's hope the idea gains traction. They might learn that making everywhere pristine and sanitized is not a good thing, unkempt wildflower meadows are a delight and are far more beneficial to butterflies etc.
This afternoon I was watching a bee moving between dandelion flowers on our ‘lawn’. Last week I saw some goldfinches feeding on some dandelion clocks at the bottom of the garden. I would much rather see the wildlife than see a pristine lawn. In any case, I quite like the yellow and white carpet of dandelions and daisies.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:00:21, 24/05/20 »
It could well be my imagination I know, but the trees and vegetation seem greener , the bird song sounds louder, and the wild flowers even out on the hills look stronger.  ???
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy