Author Topic: Where's best in Scotland  (Read 1559 times)

colinb

Where's best in Scotland
« on: 17:03:04, 24/05/07 »
I'm off on holiday to Scotland for two weeks at the end of June.

Nothing planned yet, and I've never been there, so I'd really like any suggestions for where to go.

We're going to be camping, so any site suggestions are also welcome (with consideration to the fact I don't want to be eaten alive by mosquitoes and midges).

Cheers in advance.
See where I've been at http://www.mapsandtracks.com/profile.aspx?uid=57 [nofollow]

marmot

Re: Where's best in Scotland
« Reply #1 on: 14:17:56, 27/05/07 »
What sort of walking? Do you want busy or quiet? - nearby town / pubs etc........?
I love Skye, Glen Coe, Fort William for Ben Nevis etc. or around Loch Lomond.  I'd really like to base at Ullapool and do some walking around there too, Arran is on my shortlist as well.
Sligachan bunkhouse on Skye is good - you don't get the campsite midges, quiet though - only one pub / hotel and that's it.

M J B

« Reply #2 on: 20:21:19, 27/05/07 »
Im quite new to Scotland but new year was spent walking around Ullapool. In fact i say walking it was more of a munro bagging mission around the Fannichs.

Have to let us know where you end up!

titaniumdude

« Reply #3 on: 00:30:32, 29/05/07 »
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

colinb

« Reply #4 on: 08:35:22, 31/05/07 »
I'm looking for walks of about 5-10 miles.
We're travelling my car, and then camping where ever is best.

Main things we are after is some great views.

I've been told that for midge reasons the East of Scotland is best as we're there in June/July.
Is this the case, or will this mean we miss really good places?
See where I've been at http://www.mapsandtracks.com/profile.aspx?uid=57 [nofollow]

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy