Author Topic: The Wicklow Way  (Read 9888 times)

nellpilgrim

Re: The Wicklow Way
« Reply #15 on: 09:58:38, 13/08/11 »
Hi,
I walked the Wicklow Way in May from Marley Park to Clonegal, and yes we even did the Moylisha hill loop, but it was over a gentle 7 days. (it can be walked in a robust 5 or even a Germanic 3 days if you want)
The weather was pretty wet and wild for the most part but even when we got a few hot and muggy patches we weren't bothered by midges. We had expected to be eaten alive and had brought spray but never had to use it. I think that for the first 4 days it was just too windy for the little [censored], we nearly had the heads blown off us on Day two, and after that we probably didn't smell too good!
The two mountain huts on this route are open fronted so if you did get midges that could be a bit of a problem, and though there are fire pits in front of both hut- I guess that age old dilemma of smokey fire or  :-\  hungry midges would have to be addressed.
Anyway heres my blog of the walk with some photos.

http://nellswicklowway.blogspot.com/ [nofollow]

Bonne route
Nell

nellpilgrim

« Reply #16 on: 16:02:46, 19/02/13 »
Hi I walked the Wicklow way in Spring 2010 It's a wonderful walk well signed and well maintained by the group Mountain Meitheal. I walked from Dublin to Clonegal over 7 days. There are two huts you can use en route and the bed and breakfast options are as cheap as the hostels!

jimmy connell

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 15:49:38, 26/04/13 »
remember to take alot of money with you as its bloody expensive £7 pint nearly jim >:(
UTRINQUE PARATUS! READY FOR ANYTHING (PEGASUS)

hikeview

« Reply #18 on: 12:19:30, 06/08/14 »
remember to take alot of money with you as its bloody expensive £7 pint nearly jim >:(

I'd be the last to defend some of the pricing over here, but where on earth were you drinking to get charged that for a pint? Or what was that a pint of? Certainly my local (near the Northern end of the Wicklow Way) charges €3.95 for a Beamish, and now Weatherspoons have a foothold here, so that should help drive prices down!

Anyone doing any of the northern sections (Marlay to Glendalough) and wants some company let me know, I'll cheerfully tag along (management permission notwithstanding  ;) ).  

jimmy mac

« Reply #19 on: 14:17:25, 15/08/14 »

I'd be the last to defend some of the pricing over here, but where on earth were you drinking to get charged that for a pint? Or what was that a pint of? Certainly my local (near the Northern end of the Wicklow Way) charges €3.95 for a Beamish, and now Weatherspoons have a foothold here, so that should help drive prices down!

Anyone doing any of the northern sections (Marlay to Glendalough) and wants some company let me know, I'll cheerfully tag along (management permission notwithstanding  ;) ).  

Dublin I have family living there jim
........UTRINQUE PARATUS..........

jimmy mac

« Reply #20 on: 14:19:09, 15/08/14 »
we have 5 wetherspoons in Newcastle Tyneside great value for your money jim
........UTRINQUE PARATUS..........

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy