Author Topic: hello from the green green grass of home :)  (Read 1060 times)

walkingyogi

hello from the green green grass of home :)
« on: 14:00:03, 11/06/18 »
Hi everyone

My name is Esther, and I live in the Rhondda Valley. I started walking for pleasure about 12 years ago, as a way to deal with the emotions I was struggling with following the death of my brother. Walking quickly became a real passion and my most effective grief therapy, and helped me to learn to love my hometown. I have walked many miles in the intervening years, walking has brought so much joy into my life, even though I don't get to do it as much now as I used to.

A few years ago, I had a breakdown, and trained to be a Yoga teacher, and love to combine walking with Yoga - both amazing pathways to wellbeing and connection to oneself and the world (and, Yoga really helps me to walk better, and release the tension of a long day of walking!). When I walk, particularly up mountains or by the coast, I feel alive in a way that nothing else comes even close to, it really is my biggest joy in life (well, apart from my kids of course, but walking never answers back or slams doors in temper so sometimes walking has the edge over the kids, haha!)

This is a pic of me at my favourite beach in Wales, Dunraven Bay in Southerndown, it is my real 'happy place'

Very happy to be here in this forum, looking forward to getting to know you all!

Love Esther

pleb

• Veteran Member
Re: hello from the green green grass of home :)
« Reply #1 on: 19:37:25, 11/06/18 »
Helloooo  :)
try to do some yoga stretching at home, it helps my back. I'm very naturally prone to stiffness, it seems.
We're all normal on here.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;D
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:23:08, 11/06/18 »
Welcome to the forum Esther  :)

I think we can all agree that walking is the best medicine for everything that life throws at you.

I think you may have realised that pleb isn't normal  ;)
Hate will never win

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:30:56, 11/06/18 »
Hi and welcome from me too.   

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 22:20:27, 11/06/18 »
Welcome from the Sussex coast     :)     

I so much agree that walking brings a feeling of joy and wellbeing

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:06:46, 13/06/18 »
Hi Esther and welcome from the Peak District O0

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy