Author Topic: Attaching footprint to Svalbad 1  (Read 650 times)

brendan

Attaching footprint to Svalbad 1
« on: 10:50:22, 28/03/20 »
Hi,
I'm 69 a complete novice to camping and was just getting ready for some wild camping when suddenly I'm in lockdown and have nowhere to trial pitch my new Nordisk Svalbad 1 - my question relates to the dedicated footprint I bought. I assumed you peg the footprint and then pitch the tent over it. `but there's nowhere I can see to attach pegs to, only those click on straps - can anyway help with the process of setting this tent up with footprint?
thanks

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
Re: Attaching footprint to Svalbad 1
« Reply #1 on: 11:26:13, 28/03/20 »
This might be worth a watch (not in English) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1TmrBA8AUA

The only other advice I would add is to make sure temporarily peg the footprint down in windy conditions until you get the main tent on top and some weight added or may find yourself chasing after it.  ;)

motorlaunch

« Reply #2 on: 11:39:41, 28/03/20 »
Definitely agree about pegging down the footprint. You might think there is no breeze until you running after it.😁

brendan

« Reply #3 on: 12:00:34, 28/03/20 »
Yeah, but how exactly do you peg down this footprint - in the video (I love the guy!) he doesn't peg it down.

motorlaunch

« Reply #4 on: 12:18:43, 28/03/20 »
He does when he pegs the tent down, so there must a loop that the peg passes through. Check each strap on the footprint.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 12:31:37, 28/03/20 »
I agree. When he pegs it down he pegs both the tent and footprint down together using just one peg and the pegging points/loops provided on both the footprint and tent.

I had to turn the sound down or I would have had to kill him!  ;D

Watch carefully from about 9 minutes in and pause as necessary. You may need to watch it a few times until you see what he's doing.

Gadabout Bounder

« Reply #6 on: 15:06:52, 28/03/20 »
I have a Nordisk Telemark with the separate footprint, it's set up so when I erect the tent the footprint is attached.

Not used for a good while so I can't remember exactly but cut off some of the straps from the footprint and either got the needle & thread out or used those keyring split rings to fix the footprint onto the tent bathtub.

Hopefully that makes sense.

If the footprint is going to have a windy wander then the whole tent is.

Whole set up takes no more than 2 minutes.
'We've spilt the same blood in the same mud'

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy