Author Topic: Platypus  (Read 4819 times)

Jekins

Platypus
« on: 16:21:43, 27/09/06 »
HI,

I am going to buy a platypus soon after my other hydration pack disintergrating despite i tried to dry it out. Also because of the drying out not being sucessfull bactaria have grown on it and it has gone black and its hard to clean out due to the small opening. So i thought that i would develop a drier for platypus's.

Does anyone else find drying it hard and do tyou have any other problebms with them?

Any ideas would be help ful.

Luke

titaniumdude

Re: Platypus
« Reply #1 on: 19:08:18, 27/09/06 »
I use a platy 1l bottle as a back up system.  To dry it I simply open the bottom gusset wide and stand the open bottle up right.  Seems to work.  It is also adviseable to use some sterilising tablets now and again just to make sure.  Platypus also do another bottle (big zip I think they call it)  with a much wider opening which makes it easy to clean.   My primary system is a camelbak which has a very wide opening.  When I'm storing it I stuff a clean tea towel inside take the mouthpiece off and hang it upside down.  Never had a prob with fungus or bacteria. :)
« Last Edit: 19:14:52, 27/09/06 by titaniumdude »
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

Crag Rat

« Reply #2 on: 08:30:22, 28/09/06 »
I store my Platypus in the freezer - never a problem with drying or fungus!  ;)
....because it's there....

titaniumdude

« Reply #3 on: 12:04:06, 28/09/06 »
I store my Platypus in the freezer - never a problem with drying or fungus!  ;)
That is a good idea.  Now why did I not think of that :-[
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

Jekins

« Reply #4 on: 09:48:59, 29/09/06 »
hi,

i brought mine last night and they are so good i hev a 2 and 1 liter and am teting the drying of them they seem to be alright but nit that rapid i may try the frezzing idea but probably a lack of room in the frezza may be a problem

howardfernlover

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 12:04:04, 03/10/06 »
Buy a small pot of Bicarbonate of Soda in your supermarket (in the baking section) or you can get it in a chemist's.  It's not only for cooking, it's also a good general cleaner, disinfectant and deodoriser (it's what is recommended to clean the interior of your 'fridge, for example). It's quite cheap, and you just mix some in with warm water and wash your flask and cap in it - I leave mine to soak for a short while.

Jekins

« Reply #6 on: 21:29:22, 03/10/06 »
thanks i will make that a regular thing. i have spent some time tsesting the drying times for the bottle and a 1 liter takes me five days to dry if i just air it with the bottom open and as for the 2 liter  i have got to 2 days so far. they do need to think about soem way of drying the ones with the screw caps. i did look at the zip opeing ones and didn't liek the fact that it didn't have the modular system which i think makes it far more versitile.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy