Author Topic: A Better Class of Person  (Read 2453 times)

MarkT

Re: A Better Class of Person
« Reply #15 on: 20:32:40, 17/09/19 »
Apology accepted  :)

I do understand your post but maybe your opening thread could have been written better/clearer on what you actually meant. I love the countryside, I hate the cities but don't judge others on their lifestyles.

Maybe I would chat with you now on a summit  :)

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 22:11:12, 17/09/19 »
If I have touched any nerves with my comments then I apologise. I accept that some people are not out of work by choice but then there are those for whom it is a lifestyle decision. It is they I abhor.I too have been unemployed involuntarily.
What a mealy mouthed non-apology. Rubbish.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 23:08:15, 17/09/19 »
Edited
Deleted comments as I agree wholeheartedly with Mel.

I must remember this is a walking Forum and not fall into those trollish traps
Too little, too late, too bad......

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 23:13:54, 17/09/19 »
I'm asking for this topic to be locked.  Apart from one sentence in the opening post it has got NOTHING TO DO WITH WALKING and is rapidly turning into a vitriolic rant.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 00:07:21, 18/09/19 »
If I have touched any nerves with my comments then I apologise. I accept that some people are not out of work by choice but then there are those for whom it is a lifestyle decision. It is they I abhor.I too have been unemployed involuntarily.

No need to apologise,everyone has different life experiences and their opinion is based on that.In my experience those who are professional claimants are in a  minority and not even worth bothering about.When you have a welfare system you will always have this minority who abuse it.The DWP actually loses more money through incompetence than fraud.

Dread

« Reply #20 on: 07:06:02, 18/09/19 »
The DWP actually loses more money through incompetence than fraud.

Also the amount of benefit cash that goes unclaimed far outweighs the amount claimed illegally.

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: 08:58:21, 18/09/19 »
This topic is locked and marked for deletion.

The forum is for walking discussions only, apart from the Hikers Bar which is for light hearted chat and banter.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy