Author Topic: Stanton Moor silent  (Read 1426 times)

Steelystan

Stanton Moor silent
« on: 11:42:52, 01/09/08 »
I had the wierdest experience on Stanton Moor yesterday.  It'd been raining much of my walk, but as I got just onto Stanton Moor by the Cork Stone it had stopped.  I put my sack down for a moment and suddenly realised it was totally silent.  I know we all go on about how quiet it is on the hills etc, but I mean totally silent.  No wind, no insects, no birds, no traffic noise - nothing.  I had to shout out to be sure I'd not gone deaf suddenly, and even my voice fell totally dead on the heather.  I was on the edge of the old iron age quarry so I expected and echo.  Nothing.

A mile later it was all birds and insects again.

Never happened to me before.

SS
178/214.

Skinny Walker

Re: Stanton Moor silent
« Reply #1 on: 08:41:10, 02/09/08 »
That kind of thing happens to me after about a weeks walking without a wash....... ;D
You need special shoes for hiking - and a bit of a special soul as well.  ~Emme Woodhull-Bäche

glove159

« Reply #2 on: 18:00:05, 18/03/09 »
Thats quite suprising actually for stanton moor, theres usually loads  of people up there camping and walking near the nine ladies...i love that place.....

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:48:42, 18/03/09 »
Isn't that the kind of experience alien abductees describe? :o There wasn't a large flying disc floating above you at the time was there? ;) ;D
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy