Author Topic: Crampon Advise  (Read 618 times)

topher83

Crampon Advise
« on: 21:43:15, 28/02/18 »
Hi all

Just after a bit of crampon advise
I dont do loads of winter walking, and no climbing, but have a cheap pair of C1 Strap crampons
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LuckyStone-12-Teeth-Crampons-Climbing-Walking/dp/B015YZJ902 [nofollow]

My Boots are not strictly B1 boots, but are quite stiff in the sole, there meindl toronto

Problem im having is sometimes the back of the boot seems to slip back further than the back edge of the crampon, leaving the front to slip out left or right

Anyone think this is purely because of the fact my boots are not compatible, because I'm doing it wrong, or because there cheap crampons?

Thanks

motorlaunch

Re: Crampon Advise
« Reply #1 on: 21:53:40, 28/02/18 »
I would try reducing the length of the crampon to ensure there is no slack between the boot and the crampon. Also make sure that the binding isn't coming loose as you walk.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 23:02:04, 28/02/18 »
I've just googled those boots and it says they're 2 to 3 season boots suitable for general fell walking but will cope with occasional rockier ground.  No mention of a crampon compatible rating.

Could it be that, even though they have a stiff sole, it's simply not stiff enough to take a "proper" crampon?

topher83

« Reply #3 on: 14:03:47, 01/03/18 »
Thanks
Enjoyed what use I've got out of them so far, and enjoyed the winter walking so might have to look at a new pair of winter boots for next Christmas then  ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy