Author Topic: Harassed by A Horse  (Read 1833 times)

Lee in Doncaster

• Veteran Member
Harassed by A Horse
« on: 19:05:03, 26/01/18 »
I know why I don't like them:

Today's walk...lovely weather for photography:

http://peakwalking.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/monyash-bradford-alport-and-haddon-hall.html
Walking every week in the Peak District...or somewhere else   http://peakwalking.blogspot.com

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Harassed by A Horse
« Reply #1 on: 20:27:26, 26/01/18 »
I've never had a problem with a horse, just cows, pigs and dogs for me.

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:00:47, 27/01/18 »
I've never had a problem with a horse, just cows, pigs and dogs for me.

You’re slacking..you need to get the full set. I’ve been been menaced by horses, cows, pigs, dogs....and sheep! (Although the sheep weren’t quite as scary.)

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:25:32, 27/01/18 »

You’re slacking..you need to get the full set. I’ve been been menaced by horses, cows, pigs, dogs....and sheep! (Although the sheep weren’t quite as scary.)

Beware the unwary..........A Suffolk Tup can deliver a massive force in a headbutt from about 3-4 feet, enough to break a man's thigh bone, as it's head is at just the right level to do maximum damage.

Though you would need to be in close quarters with one to be really at risk. :D

And the ratio of Tups per Ewes is 1:40.

Having been a Chief Steward of Horse Parade at a major 2 day county show and organised all manner of breeds, and equine setups into some sort of order over 45 years I found the greatest problem was the humanoid that accompanied the beast, far more unpredictable, prone to vice and frequently under the influence of strong drink.  8)

With an excessive sense of EGO

« Last Edit: 10:28:47, 27/01/18 by barewirewalker »
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:26:53, 27/01/18 »
Strange. I've never had a problem with horses, certainly never had an armpit sniffer!
Although my old ginger tom cat used to love being turned upside down with his nose in my armpit..........he would purr n dribble in ecstasy. Animals are strange!
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 15:22:38, 27/01/18 »

Beware the unwary..........A Suffolk Tup can deliver a massive force in a headbutt from about 3-4 feet, enough to break a man's thigh bone, as it's head is at just the right level to do maximum damage.

Though you would need to be in close quarters with one to be really at risk. :D

And the ratio of Tups per Ewes is 1:40.

Yes, the tups can be feisty. One of my nephews used to "help out" one of local farmers at week-ends/ school holidays, and once came home with a young tup to hand rear. Things went okay till the day my sister was pegging out some washing.

Some sixth sense alerted her to trouble...she looked round to see Thomas (the tup) approaching at a rate of knots. She stepped aside and he sped past, banging into garage wall. He staggered around for a while, then composed himself, trotted back to start of run, lowered head and charged again.

That...and a few other less than endearing habits...led to him going back to farm...by then he'd come off the bottle anyway. But apparently he always had a tendency to charge at women (never men). And it proved his undoing... eventually charging through a hedge and across a road in pursuit of latest woman, he was knocked down by a car.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:26:25, 28/01/18 »
Strange. I've never had a problem with horses, certainly never had an armpit sniffer!
Although my old ginger tom cat used to love being turned upside down with his nose in my armpit..........he would purr n dribble in ecstasy. Animals are strange!

You stuff a dribbling tom cat into your armpit - and you say animals ar strange ;D
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy