Author Topic: TR: Confessions of a T*****sser  (Read 1423 times)

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
Re: TR: Confessions of a T*****sser
« Reply #15 on: 22:49:07, 26/03/20 »
Great report Mel  :)

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 14:42:00, 27/03/20 »
Excellent account - and countryside that I'd feel right at home in. Thanks!  O0

Cheers WD.  It's not bad round here at this time of year.

So you've not changed anything due to the social distancing rules then.

;D  Yikes!  You know me too well  :-\

Cheers jimbob & sunnydale  :)

Like you, I love to hear the skylarks. They often accompany my walks on the South Downs    :)

Yes, there's something about their lilting warbles that lifts the spirits  :)

Don't give away too many clues about where you live, someone might track you down  :o

Fairly sure most folks on here know where I live....just not my actual address.  I'm looking forward to ninthace telling me where I live though  :D

Keep trespassing and posting reports to give relief to those of us who normally, but can't now, drive to reach the countryside.

I'll do my best lostme  O0

I've seen several Roe deer in Haldon forestry on my recent early evening bimbles. Mostly solitary, they are much shyer than the larger Fallows which crash about in herds. You did well to get a photo of one - walking quietly alone has it's merits.

I'd already got my camera out after spotting him.  He'd been spooked by a pheasant so his attention had been diverted.  I stood stock-still and let him settle down before moving a little closer at which point, up his head popped to look straight at me (I'm back in statue mode again).  He never spooked until I started walking normally after getting my pic.

Brilliant. Seeing wildlife like that on a walk is the icing on the cake..great pics

Cheers G&P.  It certainly is.  Though real cake is better  ;)

I dont like this TR. Its too silly.

Deeply offended  ;)

Nice pics and write up mel O0
You certainly had a nice day for it

Cheers beefy.  It definitely was a lovely day.

Well done Mel, do a detect a step from physical trespass into the realms of intellectual trespass or that of virtual ways.

Cheers BWW.  And no, It is simply a lane I've not explored because it looked like there was no way through to another lane due to the land drain.  That may still be the case but the little bridge makes me hopeful.

Nice write-up and photo's Mel. I like the washing machine door idea. Could be used for all manner of displays.

I had a trip to that neck of the woods a couple of days before Christmas. A short bimble along the foreshore at Paull, followed by a walk into Hedon, haddock and chips on the hoof, and back again. I took the road route as I wasn't confident the havenside path would be passable. Also had a walk around East Park. A couple of enjoyable, and nostalgic days out.

https://my.viewranger.com/track/details/MTI3MDk4ODg=

Cheers Warbler  :)  Shame you didn't use the Havenside path(s).  They are still passable.  Though at least you will have 'summited' Boreas Hill  ;D

Which chippy did you go to in Hedon (I might have served you  :o  )

Wonderful report and pics Mel  O0

It cheered me up during my lunch break at work. I am still going to work, I hadn't realised what I did was essential. I might have misheard what they said, perhaps they meant expendable  ;)

It just goes to show your photos prove we can walk from our front doors and see something interesting enough to photograph, keep them coming Mel  O0

Cheers April :)   I'm still working too.  Just from home (it's not all its cracked up to be).  Bet your journey to work is much quicker!

Great report Mel  :)

Cheers RR  :)

Strider

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 21:50:42, 27/03/20 »
Thankyou Mel :)  Looks like your countryside is a little greener than ours but I'm sure spring will get here soon!
Not all those who wander are lost

Warbler

« Reply #18 on: 14:25:01, 28/03/20 »
Cheers Warbler  :)  Shame you didn't use the Havenside path(s).  They are still passable.  Though at least you will have 'summited' Boreas Hill  ;D

Which chippy did you go to in Hedon (I might have served you  :o  )

The only "summit" I recall was the bridge over the A1033  :)

I went to Sue Downs, on Market Place, opposite Boots. Very nice too.

I was staying with my sister in Hull over the period. Guess what was for dinner when I got back that day  ::)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 18:09:44, 28/03/20 »
Your report title made me smile, Mel - as did the Rainbow washign mcahine doot (sorry I'v ehad a beer and a wine, and my fingers have dyslexia)  :)

A good time for a little bit of trespassing, methinks, after all, who is going to apprehend you?
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 22:34:52, 28/03/20 »
Thankyou Mel :)  Looks like your countryside is a little greener than ours but I'm sure spring will get here soon!

No probs.  I was going to offer to send some spring weather your way but seeing as it's snowing here outside now you'll most likely thank me to not bother  ;D

The only "summit" I recall was the bridge over the A1033  :)

Ahhh, the summit of the A1033 flyover, I know it well  :D

I went to Sue Downs, on Market Place, opposite Boots. Very nice too.

I won't have served you then.

Your report title made me smile, Mel - as did the Rainbow washign mcahine doot (sorry I'v ehad a beer and a wine, and my fingers have dyslexia)  :)

A good time for a little bit of trespassing, methinks, after all, who is going to apprehend you?

Cheers Richard.  Most of my walks involve some element of trespass (walking paths on the ground that aren't on a map - not an OS map anyway...). 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy