Author Topic: Honister Zip Wire proposal  (Read 28985 times)

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: Honister Zip Wire proposal
« Reply #30 on: 11:44:42, 17/03/18 »
The Wainwright Society has objected to the zip wire, see below. The title at the top of the article has an error in it, mentioning Thirlmere, it should say Honister.
They have corrected the title. Shame it is only signed by the Secretary and not also the Chairman.

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 10:25:16, 18/03/18 »
Yes thanks April for keeping us updated on this proposal.
It’s a good letter from Friends of the Lake District and I sincerely hope it carries enough weight along with other objectors to stop these zip wire applications.
It’s the thin edge of the wedge. Honister today, Coniston tomorrow  >:(

They have no place in any national park.

Keep thrill rides out of the Lake District is what I say  O0
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 18:08:44, 18/03/18 »
They have corrected the title. Shame it is only signed by the Secretary and not also the Chairman.

I would love to know what Eric Robson's thoughts are on these zip wires  :)

Honister today, Coniston tomorrow  >:(
They have no place in any national park.

Exactly what I think too  :)
Hate will never win

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 08:46:35, 26/03/18 »
The Open Spaces Society and Buttermere Parish Council have objected to this proposal now O0 Their letters are on the LDNPA planning website.

Today is the last day to put your thoughts forward to the LDNP about this proposal.
Hate will never win

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 09:04:18, 26/03/18 »
I would love to know what Eric Robson's thoughts are on these zip wires  :)
From time to time I ask either Eric Robson or the Wainwright Society what his opinion is on zip wires. You should try it the silence is deafening.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 09:42:50, 26/03/18 »
Eric Robson silent - maybe something to do with his conflicts of interest  >:(

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 10:08:06, 26/03/18 »
Try it for yourself.
It also gives an outing for the word 'untenable' which I don't often get a chance to use.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 12:40:22, 26/03/18 »
Sounds fun - I'll give it a go.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 13:20:52, 26/03/18 »
From time to time I ask either Eric Robson or the Wainwright Society what his opinion is on zip wires. You should try it the silence is deafening.

Eric Robson silent - maybe something to do with his conflicts of interest  >:(

I find it astounding how many people who have businesses are not talking about this proposal. They don't want to openly be approving of it in case it loses them business. I personally will never buy anything from Eric Robson's business again (Striding Edge online shop) because he has remained silent on both the zip wire proposals. I can only assume he is in favour of them?
Hate will never win

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: 14:29:29, 29/03/18 »
Just had a very evasive reply from the Wainwright Society

Dear Mr Ridge

Thank you for your email.

I have checked with the Membership Secretary and it would appear that you are not a member of The Wainwright Society.

What I am able to tell you is that the Management Committee of the Society takes a collective view of any planning applications that are brought to our attention. Each proposal is considered carefully on its merits and the Society’s response is in line with the criteria laid out in our Campaigns Policy. As Secretary of the Society, my responsibility is to put forward the collective view to the wider world. You can read the statements regarding the Thirlmere and Honister zip wires submitted to the Planning Authority here:

http://www.wainwright.org.uk/articles/2017/thirlmere-zip-wire-objection.html

http://www.wainwright.org.uk/articles/2018/wainwright-honister-zip-wire-response.html

With best wishes

Derek Cockell
Secretary
The Wainwright Society

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: 21:16:35, 29/03/18 »
Just had a very evasive reply from the Wainwright Society

A tad evasive  :D

Why can't Eric tell us what he thinks? He must have an opinion if he cares about the Lake District?
Hate will never win

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: 21:21:55, 29/03/18 »
I can only think of one reason that he wont say. As I said in my reply I wouldn't consider joining the AW Soc currently.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: 13:38:30, 02/05/18 »
Does anyone know if this is being considered today?  I know the 3rd update stated that it would be considered no earlier than today's meeting.  I have sent an email to the planning department but not had any response as yet.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: 13:48:11, 02/05/18 »
Sorry - just answered my own question - this was not on the published agenda for today's meeting.

http://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/aboutus/committee-meetings-calendar/development_control_committee/development-control-committee65

Paul

Also just noticed that the minutes of the April meeting say that there will be a site inspection at Honister on 9 May.
« Last Edit: 14:32:58, 02/05/18 by pdstsp »

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: 20:30:29, 02/05/18 »
Also just noticed that the minutes of the April meeting say that there will be a site inspection at Honister on 9 May.

The next committee meeting is on 6th June. D Day. If the decision is going to be made then it is an apt date to make it. Let us hope it is the right decision and it is refused.
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy