Author Topic: WALKIES  (Read 6152 times)

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
WALKIES
« on: 05:49:23, 20/01/08 »
I'm quite into doing some walking a round this fantastic Island very Celtic and mordern Society they live in,  all colourfull and green,  I didn't think that this Island would offer such wonderful walking, as we'd been planning to go over for some time rather the last year or so.  But looking into do things round the these parts, but undecided what to do I'm liking the sound of the Wicklow way or the Dington way and the Great caseway.   As this offers some splendid views in the rural grounds.  But would like some more information on the Island so if anyone been over to this beautiful place witch gets unlooked some of the time. BUT ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPERCIATED!!!!!! ;D :) ::)
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

caminowebmaster

Re: WALKIES
« Reply #1 on: 18:49:42, 28/02/08 »
There is a slight problem with the wicklow way until later this year, the first nights stay in a hostel is not possible as it is closed being renovated.

vertigoman.

« Reply #2 on: 20:18:58, 07/09/08 »
Three places you should consider when walking in Ireland:

1. The Mourne mountains near Newcastle county Down...the highest Peak is Slieve Donard that looms up over the town and is an easy if you are reasonably fit but for a real challenge head to Silent Valley about ten miles out of Newcastle and head up wee Binnian gully before tackling his bigger brother. The scenery is magnificent and the local hotels/hostels and pubs are brilliant and very friendly and accomodating.

2. Maam Cross / Leenane in Connemara near Galway...a stunning place and is the location for both "The Field" " and "The Quiet Man" movies..the mountains and coast are remote and beautiful.

3. Ring Of Killarney....Base yourself in Kilorglin 8 miles fro Killarney..the ring is stunning with great walking/climbing in the Micillicuddy Reeks..venture towrads tralee then go left and you have the Dingle coastline ...all superb.   

Irish Rover

« Reply #3 on: 13:24:44, 05/01/09 »
I'd be delgihted to advise you on walking in Ireland.  We at govisitireland organise guided and independent walking tours along the west coast of Ireland.  You can check out details at www.govisitireland.com [nofollow]. Happy Walking. Irish Rover

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy