Author Topic: SALOMAN QUEST PRIME GTX  (Read 2694 times)

andyapanel

Re: SALOMAN QUEST PRIME GTX
« Reply #15 on: 14:52:17, 24/08/19 »
I forgot to mention the company that refunded me:

Outdoorkit Ltd
Outdoorkit Ltd storefront
[size=inherit]4.5 out of 5 stars[/i]93% positive in the last 12 months (296 ratings)

About OutdoorkitWe are currently the UK's leading online supplier of outdoor clothing and equipment. We're based in a warehouse in Luton, Bedfordshire which stocks over 3,500 outdoor products. We also have an established shop in St. Albans high street.

in case anyone else needs a reputable seller on Amazon. O0

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 21:08:10, 04/09/19 »
Can anyone unconfuse me? I am thinking about buying a pair of Salomon Quest's but would want to buy a midi boot version, but not their tall type. I own a pair of Salomon Ultra X midis which leak and am hoping to send them back but I just can't figure out the difference between the Quests and the Ultras? Does anybody on the Forum know what's the differences between the two types?

Pitboot

« Reply #17 on: 09:00:33, 05/09/19 »
The Ultras have a sort of zig zag style upper and quite a plain outsole, the Quests have a fairly conventional upper and those wierd round plastic inserts in the sides of the heel. The Quests look chunkier.
Had a look at their web page and there was not a midi version of the Quest, but I could be wrong.

I have some Quests that I use for work and they have never let me down, I'm out in all weather.
« Last Edit: 09:05:50, 05/09/19 by Pitboot »

andyapanel

« Reply #18 on: 13:08:20, 05/09/19 »
Try this site:
rankings-of-salomon-backpacking-boots
Good luck choosing.

humansnail

« Reply #19 on: 10:56:04, 10/09/19 »
It is such a shame that the Salomon Quests seem to leak for most people. I took mine back three times for that very reason and eventually just got a refund. Each time Gooutdoors replaced them straight away without question so I'm guessing it must be a very common complaint. Such a shame as they are extremely comfortable - I just lost all trust in them and always expected my feet to get wet! :(

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 11:19:54, 10/09/19 »
The same for me and my Salomon Ultras, I've sent mine back and am hoping for a reply about them today.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 13:42:32, 10/09/19 »
My Quests leaked too on my Pennine way trip in 2017.  Took them back to Cotswold who exchanged them for the 4D model, so far they've remained waterproof
Where there's a will ...

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 18:56:06, 18/09/19 »
I have an update about my leaking Salomon Quests X Version 2. After accepting my complaint the online offered me a new pair of Salomon Quests X Version 3 if I would pay an extra £51. I wrote back and said no and asked for a refund. Within two hours an email came to me saying sorry, the £51 was a mistake and that I can have the Mark 3s at no extra cost. I said yes because my daughter in law would like them and when they arrive she will buy me a pair of Berghaus Superlites. I recived written confirmation today that they are on my way to me. My outlay was £6.50 to send the leaking ones back. Happy ending!

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 19:31:02, 18/09/19 »
Great news  O0
Where there's a will ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy