Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 5169 times)

ROD

« on: 13:22:49, 02/03/08 »
Hi All
    Just found this site ,whilst looking for some info,(see gear section).TBH I'm not a walker,or a real outdoors type (unless you count working on my car in the rain!! ;D)
   We (missus and daughter ) have decided to do something different for our hols (read that as ,"I've decided ,she took some persuading "!lol) hence my enquiry regarding rucksacks etc . As I said ,I dont 'do' the great out doors ,I prefer to build customised cars etc,so p'raps walking etc will reduce my carbon footprint,I dunno!P'raps Im in a midlife crisis with a yearning to see places . I certainly like to go to unusual places !
            Regards ............

wellerchap

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: 07:23:42, 03/03/08 »
welcome aboard, Rod....nothing wrong with TWO hobbies, you know....I own, ride & love classic Lambrettas, but it won't stop me getting out into the open air & stretching the legs.
Good luck mate.

muymalestado

« Reply #2 on: 09:24:13, 03/03/08 »
Welcome Rod - thing about walking is you can experience a normal weekend or a holiday away in a very different way by including walking.  You're seeing what actually is over that skyline.  That's as well as the fresh air/rain/snow/wind/sore feet that goes with it.   :)
I think this next one will be the top ...

ROD

« Reply #3 on: 22:20:50, 05/03/08 »
Whenever I walk to our local town ,about 1 mile or so,I'm always amazed at the stuff I see behind peoples hedges and in driveways etc ,that I wouldnt normally see when driving! BUT ,due to the fact I have a disease called rubbish constipation (cant pass a skip),it doesnt always go down well with "der boss" ,when I drag something home ! Usual comment= "wot ,more c**p??"
            ttfn.ROD

summerfield

« Reply #4 on: 23:04:56, 28/03/08 »
welcome on board their are plenty of peple here who can offer advise whatever your walking ability my phlosophy is go as far as you are able to or push just a little further if thats a mile down the road or 30 miles yomp bagging as many peaks as you can , its the getting out their that counts.
support mountain rescue - get lost

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy