Author Topic: Cheap (sometimes) gear.  (Read 947 times)

Pitboot

Cheap (sometimes) gear.
« on: 15:29:35, 12/01/19 »
I've had a couple of bargains from the place under this link;

If you know what you are looking for and can discern between cheap fashion tat and the good stuff it's worth a browse. Delivery has been excellent, parcels arrived after a couple of days and I've never had any problems.

https://www.sportpursuit.com/join/166A938936A625   [/b]

fernman

• Veteran Member
Re: Cheap (sometimes) gear.
« Reply #1 on: 16:26:42, 12/01/19 »
You are probably right, though personally I'm a bit wary of companies where you have to sign up and become a 'member' to buy from them.
I looked at this one's site just now, prompted by your post, not looking for anything in particular, and it wouldn't let me go any further without giving my email address. Maybe I could have made one up, more likely it would have said 'Verify the link we have just sent you'. Sod 'em is my view, there are plenty of other sellers to browse.

Edited to add: The only time I ever signed up with an online retailer was to get a £10 discount in exchange for receiving their monthly newsletter. When the first one was emailed to me I set up a filter for the address it came from to mark it as read and send it to my trash folder. Worth it for £10.
« Last Edit: 16:34:17, 12/01/19 by fernman »

Pitboot

« Reply #2 on: 20:29:45, 12/01/19 »
To be fair to Sportpursuit they only want your email addy so they can bombard you with offers and get you to spend money. I set up a spare email account and it all goes on there so I choose when I want to view it. Takes a couple of minutes. I get more spam on my regular email account from companies I've never heard of.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:54:53, 12/01/19 »
I've used them and had very good service.
I was wary the first time and think that I asked people on here if they were OK.

nesty

« Reply #4 on: 23:35:03, 12/01/19 »
TBH, I don't think it even has to be a legit email address. I put my throw away one in and got to browse without even having to verify the email, once in just unsubscribed to any communication emails.
They have some brands I have heard of and many I haven't!   

Pitboot

« Reply #5 on: 14:37:07, 14/01/19 »
An update on my original post:
I received a Fjern Arktis II down jacket from Sportpursuit today, it cost £99.99 plus postage. It was marked down from £220 , pinch of salt needed here, that's it's RRP though.
The jacket looks like it was made in the same factory where my wife's RAB jacket was produced, with very similar features, but at a greatly reduced price. Also, the down content seems to be higher, according to the internal label. It fits very well and is very warm but no time for a field test yet. It's also long and covers my [censored], which is more than can be said for some of the bum freezer jackets on offer. I've tried the duvet on under my usual waterproof and it's low profile enough to fit easily, it also fits OVER the waterproof, which is how I would use it on a rest stop on the hill. It has the now normal water repellent down and cover material.
So it's looking like I've bagged a bargain, but as I have mentioned, no worthwhile test in the real world yet.
I got an XXL size, my usual size is XL.
https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1468350?click=eyJxdWVyeSI6MTQ0NTQsInBhZ2UiOjEsInBhZ2VTaXplIjo0MiwicG9zIjo1fQ==

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy