Author Topic: Great End via The Band  (Read 4618 times)

JohnN

Re: Great End via The Band
« Reply #15 on: 14:22:46, 07/11/17 »
Hello Brandywell
I don't get onto this website often enough so apologies if most people are aware but I assume you are one and the same person who set up and runs the excellent http://www.wainwrightroutes.co.uk/index.html [nofollow] site? I always look forward to a new posting and the most recent ascent of Great End has pretty much the same images as you've posted here. As always, the photography and walk descriptions are brilliant and I particularly enjoy your descriptions of the less popular routes. The standout one for me was the direct scramble up Bell Rib on Yewbarrow. Hoping to finally get round to doing it next spring. And you have a real in-depth knowledge of the Lake District which again, gives interesting background information that very few other sites provide.
Keep up the great work!
JohnN

Brandywell

• Veteran Member
Re: Great End via The Band
« Reply #16 on: 13:12:47, 11/11/17 »
How did you know that's where I'd be starting from? Burnthwaite Farm is my regular lodging for a week every September  :)

I didn't, :)   the old path to Sty Head is the best approach to The Band.  O0

Love it! Some excellent pics. ;D

Thanks Explore More U.K.

Hello Brandywell
I don't get onto this website often enough so apologies if most people are aware but I assume you are one and the same person who set up and runs the excellent http://www.wainwrightroutes.co.uk/index.html site? I always look forward to a new posting and the most recent ascent of Great End has pretty much the same images as you've posted here. As always, the photography and walk descriptions are brilliant and I particularly enjoy your descriptions of the less popular routes. The standout one for me was the direct scramble up Bell Rib on Yewbarrow. Hoping to finally get round to doing it next spring. And you have a real in-depth knowledge of the Lake District which again, gives interesting background information that very few other sites provide.
Keep up the great work!
JohnN

Thanks John.  Good Luck on Bell Rib and take care - this is not a walkers route.  ;)

Watch where you are putting your feet : AW

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy