Author Topic: The Future of our National Parks  (Read 2524 times)

Lakeland Lorry

The Future of our National Parks
« on: 12:44:18, 07/11/18 »
Members of the public are being invited to make their views known in what is the first major review of its kind since our National Parks were established in 1949.

Landscape charity Friends of the Lake District has today welcomed a far reaching ‘Landscape Review’ led by Julian Glover on behalf of Environment Secretary Michael Gove.

Everyone is being encouraged to contribute to the review, whether living in a national park or AONB, running a business in them, enjoying visits, caring about landscapes and biodiversity, or representing organisations with views that might shape and improve its findings. It is an opportunity to let the Government know how we want our protected landscapes to look and how they should be managed in the future.

The deadline for public submissions is December 18th 2018. The review will report next year, 70 years after the landmark National Parks Act 1949 that established National Parks in England and it will consider all aspects of England’s National Parks and AONB’s.

You can participate in the review by visiting: https://consult.defra.gov.uk/land-use/landscapes-review-call-for-evidence

https://www.cumbriacrack.com/2018/11/07/the-future-of-our-national-parks/

April

• Veteran Member
Re: The Future of our National Parks
« Reply #1 on: 14:01:51, 07/11/18 »
Thanks for the link Lakeland Lorry.

If we are unhappy about the decision made today it is important we tell the Environment Secretary how we want our parks managed as Lakeland Lorry writes.
Hate will never win

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:15:26, 07/11/18 »
Thanks, LL, for the link

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 14:33:10, 07/11/18 »
Thanks LL - I have completed the survey.  Strangely I opted not to be anonymous, but my submission reference begins "ANON". 

I found it quite therapeutic.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:00:42, 07/11/18 »
I don't like the way the survey immediately asks for your name and email address. They say, "If you enter your email address then you will automatically receive an acknowledgement email when you submit your response. We may also use this to contact you further", but to be honest I'm wary of giving my details to anyone these days, not least a government department. Best thing for me, I think, is to make something up. What are others' views?

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:28:00, 07/11/18 »
Doesn't particularly worry me - I use a separate email address for the crappy stuff and then generally opt out of receiving anything from the organisations involved as soon as the transaction is over.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 17:31:10, 07/11/18 »
I don't like the way the survey immediately asks for your name and email address. They say, "If you enter your email address then you will automatically receive an acknowledgement email when you submit your response. We may also use this to contact you further", but to be honest I'm wary of giving my details to anyone these days, not least a government department. Best thing for me, I think, is to make something up. What are others' views?

Fine if you think you can fill it in all in one go.  I gave them my e-junkmail address.
Solvitur Ambulando

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 19:15:02, 07/11/18 »

I used to be very paranoid about being traced and monitored and logged and such (also being attacked, tracked, scammed and harmed by others) but one day I decided I just don't care and now happily give my details to everyone. It's not done me any harm although I get more spam than I'd like. I think ninthace has a good idea by making a junk mail address. You could give them a disposable e-mail address, google "disposable email address" to find many providers of them.

I forgot to add you will want to make up details if you go the disposable e-mail route since anyone can read those e-mails if they get the same address as you.
« Last Edit: 19:20:52, 07/11/18 by Rob Goes Walking »

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 20:39:37, 07/11/18 »
Filled in.
Some things are more important than the slight inconvenience of some possible unwanted emails.

Petrolhead

« Reply #9 on: 13:31:07, 08/11/18 »
Done.

Surprisingly, my response made many mentions of the Lake District, Mr Wishhewould Leave and the Sandford Principle.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 19:58:26, 08/11/18 »
Surprisingly, my response made many mentions of the Lake District, Mr Wishhewould Leave and the Sandford Principle.

:o

O0

I have only part completed it, I have saved it to finish later. It wouldn't let me upload a photo. Has anyone else been able to upload one?
Hate will never win

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 22:41:07, 08/11/18 »
snap!

It wouldn't let me upload a photo. Has anyone else been able to upload one?
nope

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 23:03:15, 08/11/18 »
I managed but there was nowhere to say why it was important

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 23:15:05, 08/11/18 »
I have only part completed it, I have saved it to finish later. It wouldn't let me upload a photo. Has anyone else been able to upload one?

Yep - no problem at all.  Linked it from my OneDrive Pictures file
Solvitur Ambulando

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 10:05:48, 09/11/18 »
I do not do surveys, rate us and so on. 'They' are looking for information and the end result is that I get is even more junk emails! Can 'the people' manage capitalism, personally I don't think so. All I think that will happen over the next few decades is more and more areas will be earmarked for so called development and profit. The Lakes and areas like it are prime targets and I think these types of projects will just go on and on.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy