Author Topic: Tryfan inquest  (Read 2959 times)

muymalestado

Re: Tryfan inquest
« Reply #15 on: 12:02:30, 24/10/07 »
As to so many people venturing too far, too high, too much out of their depth - we all know there is now a huge and successful commercial market selling the concept of intrepid adventures to shoppers (not just, note, to qualified outdoorspeople).  Outdoor shops abound and 'the look' is the latest fashion. 

How could this not lead to more people venturing out where their clothes lead them but where their skills have yet to be formed.
I think this next one will be the top ...

irongrip

« Reply #16 on: 14:55:52, 24/10/07 »
Snowman,
Your right there are idiots everywhere, and why would these areas be any different. You just think that life preservation for themselves and their loved ones would be enough to treat it serious, and yes Tryfan doesn't look like an after dinner stroll!

howardfernlover,
Yes the weather up the Carneddau was great. If the conditions had been too bad I definitely would not have gone up there. I would have not come, or turned around at the car park if need be. After all I had my wife with me as well. In bad weather that climb would have been a whole different kettle of fish, and beyond my present safe capabilities. Our whole reason for walking/climbing is to enjoy the countryside, and use it as a different training tool - not to die!  :o

muymalestado,
Regarding outdoor shops, I was very lucky to get help and advice from my local one, and even though I know the owner, I know he'd still give this same advice out to any newbie who came in. Now wether they would take it is their choice. He's told me a few stories!

David

Everything you need to know about hand strength
http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/ [nofollow]

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 18:56:22, 26/10/07 »
Another mountain, another fall.  Eleven year old boy this time.  Hope he's ok  :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/7063945.stm

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy