Author Topic: Police Chief commits suicide on Snowdon  (Read 2206 times)

tonyk

• Veteran Member
Police Chief commits suicide on Snowdon
« on: 21:10:13, 11/03/08 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7290359.stm

A bit thoughtless really as MR had to go out searching for him in appalling weather conditions.

darksky

• Veteran Member
Re: Police Chief commits suicide on Snowdon
« Reply #1 on: 18:41:22, 20/03/08 »
Also what about that other policeman that was found dead also last week, i wonder if they've been involved in somthing dodgy and its come to ahead or something eh, thats what im thinking anyway..,...What a place to kill yourself though eh Snowdon..,was he a walker do you know?
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

howardfernlover

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:09:11, 20/03/08 »
He must have been a walker, Darksky, if the report I read was correct (I have precious little confidence in the media, for whom the story is usually more important than the facts), but this one sounded like it might have been reasonably accurate, it said he was found at the foot of a 300ft cliff at Bwlch Glas, which is way, way up the mountain. 
So, he could have reached there by slogging all the way up the Llanberis Path, past Clogwyn, or he could have got there by a stiff walk/climb up through Cwm Glas Mawr.  Depends on which side of the Bwlch he was.  Either way, it wasn't a simple little stroll.
But don't jump to any conclusions about the "foot of the cliff" bit, it doesn't necessarily mean he jumped or fell down it, it could mean that's as far as he got up.
We might learn more from the inquest, but even then I won't be surprised if we're given a doctored version of the truth (cynic that I am).

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 22:42:30, 20/03/08 »
 It would appear he had some kind of mental breakdown,sent rather strange text messages the day before he died,and then drank half a bottle of gin in horrendous weather conditions on one of the hightest mountains in the country.Such actions aren't those of a sane man.

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 01:46:28, 21/03/08 »
It would appear he had some kind of mental breakdown,sent rather strange text messages the day before he died,and then drank half a bottle of gin in horrendous weather conditions on one of the hightest mountains in the country.Such actions aren't those of a sane man.
Never mind a sane man, but a police chief,he must of had some Major worries and troubles to do what he did, i still rekon theres alot more to it that were not being told just yet, if at all, but if some reporter gets a whiff of what its really all about i still say i bet its somthing dodgy,
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 10:42:00, 21/03/08 »
What will one least of our Daily Mail counter boy than....  will if this was he's intentions of drinking a bottle or half up a Mountain, than I got no sympathy for the chap....   There's many of peeps who been killed within our hills just because he a PC OFFICER shouldn't of warranted all the press it got.  The guy drink himself to death than fell a sleep and with the freezing conditions.....  he just plain and simple froze to death he had not wore the proper kit so less said.  Plus it was said that folk/ people walked passed the bloke....  The text messages he sent were to let people know that....  he was trying to kill himself but was to late to help him.  He was having an affair with some posh woman there could be a million to one reason why he decided to kill him self...  why not throw himself of a bridge or under a train no difference really is there........  And all the poor MR team  who had to waste there time  bring the body down am sorry but....  It's not like they had to rescue him or anything......   plus he been drinking who in there right mind goes up a Mountain and drink???.     
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 13:44:19, 21/03/08 »
 Darksky wrote
Never mind a sane man, but a police chief,he must of had some Major worries and troubles to do what he did, i still rekon theres alot more to it that were not being told just yet, if at all, but if some reporter gets a whiff of what its really all about i still say i bet its somthing dodgy

Okay then,lets have The Sun version. ;)

Two MI5 agents,who were in fact al Queda converts,had found out that he had discovered their plans for being MI5's first suicide bombers.He had followed them into their local Tesco and saw them purchasing chippatti flour and nail varnish remover. Obviously he had to be liquidated as he knew too much so the MI5 agents hired a couple of heavies to kidnap him and take him to Snowdon.They then frog marched him 3000ft up the mountain where he was forced to drink half a bottle of gin before being injected with ricin.Of course the truth will never come out as the coroner is a double agent for MI5/al Queda.

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 15:35:03, 23/03/08 »
Totally agree with you WG...here,here.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy