Author Topic: High Peak trail for the British Heart Foundation. Sponsors needed  (Read 3050 times)

Dazza

• Veteran Member
*UPDATED*

In just under two weeks I’m doing a bit of work for charidee (British Heart Foundation). Basically doing something completely stupid like walking 17 miles on the High Peak Trail. Obviously sensible people would take the bus or car.

You can sponsor me directly on:

http://www.bhf.org.uk/get_involved/take_part_in_our_events/event_display.aspx?p=90963

So if you want to sponsor me, use the link above. The walk is on the 18th of November.

Thanks (yes my walking reports are coming honest).
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

summitzero

• Veteran Member
Re: High Peak trail for the BHS
« Reply #1 on: 19:53:23, 04/11/07 »
Dazza

Great and best of luck.

I have made a donation on your page, stay healthy and fit  O0

walkingforlife.piczo.com
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 22:19:05, 04/11/07 »
Thanks Paul!

The company I work for also helps as well, any donations from company teams (we're sorting this out right now) get a boost by the company (IIRC they match it).

So any donations will get a boost, so every little helps! To coin a phrase.
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 11:17:58, 05/11/07 »
I am sure others will help and best of luck on the walk  O0
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:42:39, 05/11/07 »
Goof stuff, Dazza, I'll be happy to donate.  :)

Am wondering when we'll see these reports of yours .. all baited and waiting  ;)

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 18:38:16, 05/11/07 »
I must get round to doing them, just not spending an awful lot of time at the PC at the moment.

Dazza
--------

Dazza

• Veteran Member
Re: High Peak trail for the BHF
« Reply #6 on: 20:49:36, 06/11/07 »
Been sorting the pictures out (there's loads).

Will leave the best till last (Coniston). Probably won't write up Dalby though, there was a rally trial on so couldn't go where I wanted to :-(
Dazza
--------

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Re: High Peak trail for the BHF
« Reply #7 on: 12:33:21, 07/11/07 »
Probably won't write up Dalby though, there was a rally trial on so couldn't go where I wanted to :-(

Shame about that, did you manage to do any hiking around there or did you just kind of wander about?  A beautiful area, but it is a keen attraction for mountain bikers.

I'm planning another trip up there in the next few weeks, as I want to walk right through the forest - hopefully my boot won't disintergrate this time as well  ;)

Dazza

• Veteran Member
It was mainly a walk around the trails to the south of the forest, which was very foresty but didn;t have too many diversions. Plus we were a bit pushed for time which didn't help.

Was more or a march than a hike, pleasant though cos it's different than what we normally do. May post a few pictures as a route a fairly redundant.
Dazza
--------

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
That would be good Dazza, it'd be interesting to see someone else's experience of Dalby.

I didn't fancy the small routes that criss-cross through the forest, as basically they were too short, but would be interesting trying to link them up in some way though - I'll have to check to make sure there's no rally on though, that would have been quite a sore point for me.  :(

Dazza

• Veteran Member
It was for us (I've updated the link so people can sponsor me directly) cars allover the place, not sure if you should go down somewhere.

It was good, but not what I'd planned. We walked about 7.5miles in the end.

Dazza
--------

Dazza

• Veteran Member
Did a walm up walk on Frogatt and curbar edge.

Will probably do a report (pictures not great cos it was raining pretty much all the time), was good warm up though.

I should have some pics of the actual walk as well. Will prolly do a report as well.

It's been confirmed that my employer doubles stuff up so even £2.50 is worth a fiver.

http://www.bhf.org.uk/get_involved/take_part_in_our_events/event_display.aspx?p=90963

So give £2.50 and you've given a fiver. Can't be bad. An you details are not shown to anyone either so it's safe.

Give abit, cos anything helps.

Why am I doing this walk? My mum died of heart disease, she never knew she had it.
Dazza
--------

darksky

• Veteran Member
Dazza well done .., i shall make a donation in next couple of days when my wages go in, will that be ok as i want to before you shut the donation address down .
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Dazza

• Veteran Member
Thanks mate.

I won't shut it down (not looked into how!). Maybe theres an auto cut off, but I'll keep it going.

I know what you mean though, the walk is 2 days before pay day!
Dazza
--------

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
I know what you mean though, the walk is 2 days before pay day!

2 days before pay day is a killer on any day, when you have a large hike planned, it's a proper burdon!

Maybe I haven't mentioned this before, but when I'm out walking, I like to have a full wallet with me just in case I need it for an emergency or something. (You know, like flagging down a taxi on the Cleveland Way or something  ::))

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy