Author Topic: My best pic of the day  (Read 813637 times)

ukjeeper

• Veteran Member
Re: My best pic of the day
« Reply #630 on: 22:36:51, 26/02/12 »
Osea Island panorama, from todays walk.

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #631 on: 19:31:51, 27/02/12 »
Osea Island panorama, from todays walk.

very nice !
Catbells, a truly lovely walk

Glyders

• Veteran Member
« Reply #632 on: 20:42:32, 27/02/12 »
I'm impressed jeeper, the panoramic came out really well  O0

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #633 on: 17:13:18, 28/02/12 »
I count beachcombing highly amongst my walking experiences and amongst the flotsam and jetsom some of it floats into my camera lense.

Camera pointed in a southerly direction off the the Devon coast.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Fleegle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #634 on: 19:07:47, 28/02/12 »
I count beachcombing highly amongst my walking experiences and amongst the flotsam and jetsom some of it floats into my camera lense.

Its walking?    :)

So yes, include it, in my opinion.    O0

We have coastal paths and though I've never walked any, I would bet some get very close to the sea.    ;)

More to the point, nice photo, as with all the others that have been posted.    O0

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #635 on: 20:13:20, 28/02/12 »
We have coastal paths
I've never walked any

:o Mike, you don't know what you're missing!  Walking along coastal paths is my favourite kind of walking, yet, unfortunately, it's the kind I don't get to do very often. :(

I am determined that one day, I will live near the sea. 8)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Fleegle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #636 on: 22:03:51, 28/02/12 »

:o Mike, you don't know what you're missing!  Walking along coastal paths is my favourite kind of walking, yet, unfortunately, it's the kind I don't get to do very often. :(

I am determined that one day, I will live near the sea. 8)

Tracey, I think I do   ;)  and yes, I love the seaside, just as much as I love the open countryside. One day, I will do one or more of these coastal paths. I've done little bits over the years, but that is usually when I've been on holiday with the family and TBH, its been too warm to do a full trek.

I suppose one of my favourite afternoon strolls in North Wales, Conwy Mountain, Penmaenbach and Alltwen, is almost a coastal path. Its virtually on the coast (only the A55 Holyhead Road between that and the sea) and provides lovely views, not just down theConwy valley, but also across the Irish Sea.

But one day, I will.    O0

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #637 on: 23:31:54, 02/03/12 »

Its walking?    :)

So yes, include it, in my opinion.    O0

We have coastal paths and though I've never walked any, I would bet some get very close to the sea.    ;)

More to the point, nice photo, as with all the others that have been posted.    O0

Thanks Fleegle, it took a bit of photo shop to make the original closer to what I saw when I took the picture.

Beechcombing is quite skillfull walking, especially where you take a risk with that terrain that is only available at low tide and in some places the potential areas can lead to very long walks.

As a one time rock climber I suppose the horizontal rockface holds a nostalgic fascination, but I have also had a 7 mile walk out on tidal sand that has equalled any of my high level walks for visual excitement, it is just a bit more difficult capture photograhically.
BWW

Fleegle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #638 on: 10:17:19, 03/03/12 »
BWW, you're welcome.     O0

peapod21

• Veteran Member
« Reply #639 on: 21:29:38, 03/03/12 »
Really chuffed with this pic of Kerne Bridge

You have one life, make the most of it.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #640 on: 08:03:36, 04/03/12 »
Walked into town a couple of days ago and noticed how the signals and clock tower would fit into the frame together from a certain angle, seemed to suggest Time and Motion.

Unfortunately there was a nasty modern lamp post stuck up in front of the signals, so I took two shots about two yards apart.

I made two layers in photo shop and rubbed out the lamp post, hasn't worked out too badly as I took the shots hand held.

Also the sky was rather plain so I pinched one out of landscape I took out in the country a week ago. Helps perk up urban living a bit.
BWW

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #641 on: 11:20:32, 04/03/12 »
Really chuffed with this pic of Kerne Bridge

like it too - you can imagine a little wind blowing gently over the dry grass.
roll on the weekend

robb

« Reply #642 on: 12:56:20, 05/03/12 »
Forest reflection across Fernilee Reservoir, Goyt Valley

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #643 on: 14:03:20, 05/03/12 »

The Breiddens on the Powys border of Shropshire, taken from a route between Kinnerley and Nescliffe. The light is just showing the saddle leading into and between Middletown hill (lt) and Rodney's Pillar to the right, this is IMO the key to turning the Breiddens into some really good routes. The view is looking across the flood plain of the River Severn.
BWW

RobT

« Reply #644 on: 19:22:25, 08/03/12 »

Overlooking Chapman's Pool toward Houns-tout Cliff, near Worth Matravers, Dorset.

Taken on Saturday 3rd March, with my phone after realising that the memory card for the dslr i had been carrying around all morning was sat on the table at home!!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy