Author Topic: My best pic of the day  (Read 813599 times)

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
Re: My best pic of the day
« Reply #1380 on: 11:03:58, 09/04/13 »
Nice pics and commentary bww  O0

I can see you weren't in Kent today !!  ;)

Derek

Hi Derek, good to see you are still around here, keep on thinking I must do a sequel to the 'Corruption of the Definitive Map', plenty of material to go on.

Happy walking in the Garden of England ;)
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Nearly there

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1381 on: 14:16:58, 09/04/13 »

Hi Derek, good to see you are still around here, keep on thinking I must do a sequel to the 'Corruption of the Definitive Map', plenty of material to go on.

Happy walking in the Garden of England ;)

Yes, still here bww...... although I'm sure some would prefer if I had followed the Exodus from here. But I'm still in contact with them and walk with them when possible.

As for the definitive map !!!

I'm devising some routes through Kent and obviously trying to keep off the tarmac. There are a few areas where I'm finding that difficult due to lack of ROW's.  >:(
However, I can't complain as we do have 4200 miles of footpaths that I can walk.  :)

Derek

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1382 on: 09:25:16, 10/04/13 »

Yes, still here bww...... although I'm sure some would prefer if I had followed the Exodus from here. But I'm still in contact with them and walk with them when possible.

As for the definitive map !!!

I'm devising some routes through Kent and obviously trying to keep off the tarmac. There are a few areas where I'm finding that difficult due to lack of ROW's.  >:(
However, I can't complain as we do have 4200 miles of footpaths that I can walk.  :)

Derek

TUT TUT.....!! I would, 4200 miles of well signposted, furnished footpaths are what your councils are obliged to provide, only 4200 miles of access are an affront to your civil liberties.

BWW

Nearly there

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1383 on: 10:38:52, 10/04/13 »

TUT TUT.....!! I would, 4200 miles of well signposted, furnished footpaths are what your councils are obliged to provide, only 4200 miles of access are an affront to your civil liberties.

We do ok ........
In Kent we have 2,075 hectares of open access designated land and 111 registered commons. In addition, the Forestry Commission has dedicated all of its freehold estate woodlands as open country and the right of access applies to these areas too. And Kent is leading the way to opening up the coast line around the whole of the UK. At the moment about 30% of the coast is not accessible...... that HAS to change !!!  But given time I am sure it will change so we have 100% !!

But what still amazes me how many ROW footpaths I come across that don't get much use !!

Derek

treehugger

• Account Closed
« Reply #1384 on: 19:03:29, 11/04/13 »
http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/treehugger1972/media/001_zpsfa620162.jpg.html is a bit different, my (abandoned) local church, schedualed for demolition. Looks like somewhere Dracula might live!

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1385 on: 18:12:53, 12/04/13 »
Looks a like a place for a wild camp  :o

A little bit of still life of the outdoors variety.

BWW

Tassimo

« Reply #1386 on: 16:58:16, 13/04/13 »
This was at Bovisand yesterday evening. I will put more up later in the 'walks' section.

Kiss my coochy woochy derriere - for all you crazies out there!

Madmax Jnr

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1387 on: 17:38:50, 13/04/13 »
Nice Picture Tass  O0

Tassimo

« Reply #1388 on: 18:02:02, 13/04/13 »
Nice Picture Tass  O0

Thanks MMJ - this one is looking across the breakwater

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1389 on: 19:06:15, 13/04/13 »
Lovely lighting in the first pic, is that Fort Bovisand. I have walked the south Devon coast from Bolt head to The Yealm, Looks like I hav'nt gone far enough. Love the sea texture in the second shot, what speed?

BWW

bear.cub

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1390 on: 19:06:28, 13/04/13 »
This was at Bovisand yesterday evening. I will put more up later in the 'walks' section.

O0 O0 O0
I've never known such a bear for getting in a mess. Mr Brown referencing Paddington Bear

Tassimo

« Reply #1391 on: 19:10:41, 13/04/13 »
Lovely lighting in the first pic, is that Fort Bovisand. I have walked the south Devon coast from Bolt head to The Yealm, Looks like I hav'nt gone far enough. Love the sea texture in the second shot, what speed?

Thanks Barewalker. Yes, it is Fort Bovisand, just slightly on from the Yealm - just round the corner  O0

The sea texture was so jammy to be honest. It's after sunset, getting dark. I think at that point it was about 2-3 minutes. I got some fantastic ones later on. Perhaps I will pop a link up later. After dark it was rather ethereal.  :angel:
« Last Edit: 20:45:43, 13/04/13 by Tassimo »

Wurz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1392 on: 19:17:08, 13/04/13 »
Nice pic of the fort.  If you didn't know it's actually owned by the ex chairman of the BBC.  Recently they got some lottery money to look at doing it up as a historic attraction.  Most of the upper fort, the bottom row by the quay (out of shot0) and the emplacements you can see here will become flats, if it happens.
The quay itself is worth a bimble if you have ten minutes and not been down there before.

Madmax Jnr

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1393 on: 19:24:23, 13/04/13 »

Thanks MMJ - this one is looking across the breakwater

was this a snap or did you change the shutter speed to try and get an 'effect'? - the water seems slightly 'smokey' in nature?

Tassimo

« Reply #1394 on: 20:54:22, 13/04/13 »
was this a snap or did you change the shutter speed to try and get an 'effect'? - the water seems slightly 'smokey' in nature?

Hi MMJ. This was set to f18 and because it was dark at this point, as in the naked eye was having trouble with picking features out, there was a 2-3 minute exposure - which causes the smokiness. So, yes the shutter speed is altered - it is a lot longer -  because it has to try and 'expose' the picture - hence the timing for the exposure is so long. You can see that the sun has set in the background. I love the fact that the breakwater beacon is in the photo. I wasn't using filters at this point.

I hope that has been explained properly  :-\

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy