Author Topic: WF 15 Peaks Challenge... We need really donations PLEASE :)  (Read 14372 times)

joester

• Veteran Member
Thanks for your donations so far!

Very encouraging!

I've started the ball rolling at work for pledges - for donations to be paid only on my successful completion!

That should gee me up a bit!
solvitur ambulando

yeti

• Veteran Member
Bump  ;)

Gone very quiet on this thread ?

All for a worthy cause  O0  and is costing me a bloody fortune in petrol and time flying round the country in training for this  ;D

http://www.justgiving.com/walking-forum-15-peaks-challenge/
Agree totally :(

R.I.P. Dave.

joester

• Veteran Member

I've started the ball rolling at work for pledges - for donations to be paid only on my successful completion!

The good people at Technolog Ltd have already pledged well over £100 for my successful completion, and I haven't even been round the company yet.

It should be well over £200 by the time I've finished.
We'll easily exceed our min. fundraising target.
solvitur ambulando

White Horse Walker

• Veteran Member
Done.  O0
~
Sue

altirando

• Veteran Member
Good to see you are all only accepting the sponsor money if you complete the challenge. Did you see the story of the 'tough' guys doing the N3P?  They apparently didn't know what Nevis looked like, so climbed the wrong mountain, got injured on Scafell Pike, then abandoned Snowdon - but still took the cash.  Some of these big charity walks are getting to be a farce.

joester

• Veteran Member
I got the jist of that farce.

I think sponsorship should be just that - you get the reward if you complete the challenge you set out to do, and personally I'm going to need that in my mind if I stand a chance of completing.

Justgiving is a handy tool for the fundraiser, but it is just as its name implies - just giving.  There is no faciliity for pledges to successful completion.

Strange things are happening in my brain about this challenge.  I have never undertaken anything like this before. 
I've done lots of 'challenge walks' now, but they're not really challenge walks - I always know I'm going to complete them, it's just a question of how tired I will be when I get back to the finish line.
This is different -  I might not be physically strong enough to do this.

The backing of the good people of Walkingforum and also my work collegues has started to really strengthen and at the same time, started to really mean a lot.
I don't feel like failure could be an option.

Things are getting interesting.
solvitur ambulando

altirando

• Veteran Member
I'm sure everyone appreciates the attitude. Not been asked for advice, but if I were I would say just start off as if it were a normal day of mountain walking rather than being hyped up, and with an aim of enjoying the day.  Once you are up on to PenyrOleWen you can relax (although that side bit is irritating) and enjoy the sight of the sun setting over the sea.  Starting from PYP we cruised the walk to the Aber roadhead in about fourteen hours, perhaps 11.30 hours summit to summit. without pushing hard and with rather long stops for second breakfast and lunch. Do ask if you are short of support for food stops etc. If I'm not away I can pop up to Snowdonia.

joester

• Veteran Member
Thanks for the advice, we'll try and relax!

We have a support team organised in the form of mine and Peakbagger's missus' in a big people carrier, so I think we're sorted in that regard, but thanks for the offer as well.
solvitur ambulando

rdpounder

I finally got around to making a donation for this.  Best of luck everyone.  Start as early as possible and pace yourselves.  With enough fuel I'm sure you'll all do it  O0

Scarface

• Veteran Member
Right following a meeting at Regatta the lovely Gill has suggested she would be happy to supply the latest softshell pants and long sleeved base-layers depending on availability so no guarantees.

If you want to be in it send me your measurements soonest please team walkers..

I have a pair of these pants and they are very good indeed.

In return Regatta would like feedback on the clothing, pictures of it in action and mentions in trip reports/ blog pages etc which i think is fair.

Let me know chaps. Cheers.
'You only get out what you put in...'

joester

• Veteran Member
That sounds like fun, actually.

Joester:

36" waist
33" leg
41" chest
solvitur ambulando

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member
Many thanks for negotiating this deal for us Chris. O0 I'll certainly be more than happy to write up reviews on the forum of their gear and I'm sure there'll be plenty of action shots from the day itself.

For trousers a 30" waist, short leg should do me.

And for the top a small size will suffice I'm sure.

Thanks again Chris. O0
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
Bumpity bump...

Have a look here good people of the forum... O0

dibble

• Veteran Member
As I'm not into the internet thing for donations yet, would it be okay if I can
give the donation to someone this weekend please?

If you don't want to "receive" it till you've completed it, then I can always
put it in an envelope...

The very best of luck everyone, and enjoy!   O0
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member
Yes Dibs, that's fine. O0
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy