Author Topic: Naturist campsite footpath rerouted after privacy fears  (Read 1988 times)

GnP

• Veteran Member
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-50487144

But Malcolm and Teresa Tulloch, whose home backs onto the field where the new path will go, previously said the public right of way should be scrapped as the path "hasn't been used for donkeys years".  :o
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

fernman

• Veteran Member
Re: Naturist campsite footpath rerouted after privacy fears
« Reply #1 on: 10:41:25, 26/01/20 »
It's a storm in a B-cup! Sorry, I meant teacup.

Mind you, Llanllwni Community Council wanted the path moved to "reduce the possibility of the public coming into contact with.....the users of the campsite". Now that's something I might enjoy!

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:40:26, 26/01/20 »
God, or whatever, forbid that one might see a naked human.

If you are offended by such horrific objects do NOT take the national trust route 'Heather Walk' behind Studland Beach - advertised as a way to avoid the permitted nudity on the beach. Nudity doesn't worry me one jot ( I love to skinny dip) but the activities in the dunes in full sight of this path were 'instructive'.

I made a complaint to the NT who acknowledged the problem but 'when they see the NT Landrover  approaching along the beach they stop what they are doing'. Not a good enough excuse. Luckily my 10 and 5 yr old grandsons were not with me; they are used to naturist beaches but this would have raised some very difficult questions.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 11:42:31, 26/01/20 »
The Two Moors Way also passes a naturist campsite. You cant see much of it but you can hear their teeth chattering.
Solvitur Ambulando

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 16:12:20, 26/01/20 »

I made a complaint to the NT who acknowledged the problem but 'when they see the NT Landrover  approaching along the beach they stop what they are doing'. Not a good enough excuse. Luckily my 10 and 5 yr old grandsons were not with me; they are used to naturist beaches but this would have raised some very difficult questions.
Everyone to their own, but I just don`t get why people want to walk around in the buff. Like the naked rambler..why? When something is done that to me goes against all that is practical, it doesn`t make sense. Clothes help us keep a healthy temperature & shoes protect our feet. It is different in warmer climes of course. There maybe more justification
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 10:16:57, 27/01/20 »
I have walked in this area, fascinating low level countryside, it is also an area that needs tourism, especially if the idiots, who think that they are going to save the planet by banning livestock farming, depress the meat market.
 Looking objectively (from a walker's point of view) the area is low in RoW's for the terrain. One householder say's the RoW should be eradicated because it is never used, yet the way could be a perfect lead into a defile that has the conformation for a very picturesque way and also heads towards a disused railway line.

Decided lack in creative thinking, to quote Odball from Kelly's Heroes, "I don't dig those negative vibes, man."

Deff an area for a bit of Bare Wire Walking - look beyond the obstructions for the wider picture.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 18:42:52, 01/04/20 »
They will all be popping down to my neck of the woods.
Morfa Dyffryn, the sand dunes from Harlech to Barmouth, has a well regulated nuddy beach.
Its only a ten minute walk, for your truly,

Its a bit nippy at the moment, but fingers crossed, birthday suit frolics in June or July, CoronaVirus or not.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 20:11:39, 01/04/20 »
They will all be popping down to my neck of the woods.
Morfa Dyffryn, the sand dunes from Harlech to Barmouth, has a well regulated nuddy beach.
Its only a ten minute walk, for your truly,

Its a bit nippy at the moment, but fingers crossed, birthday suit frolics in June or July, CoronaVirus or not.

There is actually a naturist campsite just up the road from you, at Benar Beach.

So I've been told  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy