Author Topic: Walking shoes and fish suppers are better than supplements.  (Read 650 times)

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/06/28/walking-shoes-fish-suppers-better-supplements-claim-boost-brain/

Pensioners should invest in walking shoes and fish suppers, and not waste their money on supplements that promise to boost brain health, experts say.

The Global Council on Brain Health today finds that nutritional products which claim to help memory, thinking skills or reduce symptoms of dementia are a waste of money.

The body says there is “no convincing evidence” to support their use, and urged those in middle and older age to instead focus on having a healthy diet, with plenty of exercise.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
Pensioners should invest in walking shoes and fish suppers, and not waste their money on supplements that promise to boost brain health, experts say.
I think this advice should be adjusted for Scotland, where to make fish into a fish supper one adds a bag of chips.

Owen

• Veteran Member
I think this advice should be adjusted for Scotland, where to make fish into a fish supper one adds a bag of chips.

You mean a Glasgow salad!

Mel

• Veteran Member

Excellent.... I'm ahead of the game then seeing as one of my jobs is in my local chip shop  :D   ;D

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member

You mean a Glasgow salad!
Yes, that’s it.
I am sure the meal will be even healthier with our east coast delicacies added - pizza crunch followed by deep fried Mars bar.

PS pizza crunch is a pizza, folded in half, dipped in batter and then deep fried. Pizza crunch could be a suitable vegetarian or vegan substitute for a fish supper with appropriate toppings.

Jac

• Veteran Member

A fish supper with out chips would just be fish :-\
and don't forget the gribbles :)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy