Author Topic: Lake District Photography Meet Up 16th / 17th October - photographs  (Read 7458 times)

hawthornpaul

Granty and Willowisp will shortly be adding some (no doubt excellent) shots, in the meantime here are a few of my offerings.

Late afternoon Derwentwater

A tree across the water

Derwentwater at sundown, looking over to Catbells

Day break from the summit of Catbells

It's a new day from Catbells

The top section of Moss Force

Newlands Valley from Moss Force

ken

• Veteran Member
I agree that granty and others post sum excellent shots on this forum but please don't sell yourself short as I believe the photos that you have posted here are of a very high standard. my fav is between no 3 or no 4  O0 O0 O0
147 to go and counting

JulianC

• Veteran Member
2nd and 4th for me. Love the hazy layers of the 2nd O0

Granty

• Veteran Member
Great shots mate - that week quickly turned into a day didn't it?!

Well I like 1 and the last one. The last one really captures the scale of the valley, which I didn't think to take as I thought wouldn't be possible - so well done.

My favourite though? Has to be 3...lovely composition, colours and I even like the man made circle of stones! Well done  O0
Check out SLP Photography Derbyshire Wedding Photographer

dibble

• Veteran Member
The 5th one because I love the sunlight breaking through the clouds onto Catbells, like that.  If I was out, I would pause in my walking to enjoy, and if I saw that photograph somewhere I would pause to enjoy that too.   The next one I like is 4, particularly the way the circle of stones is included. 

Thank you for showing us.

I thought of everyone on this meet up and am glad you get these fab photos.   O0
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

Nomad

• Veteran Member
Early birds catch the worms eh  ;)  Great set of pictures I like them all. What camera are you using ?

redeye

• Veteran Member
Brilliant shots there mate. No fav for me as they are all great in there own right O0
Cheers

di36mg

• Veteran Member
Lovely.. 3,4 ,5 especially..

hawthornpaul

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.  Camera is a Samsung GX-10 (Pentax K10D clone).

Looking forward to seeing the others' shots, I'm sure there'll be some beauties.

garyr

• Veteran Member
Paul, some really nice shots there, no 2 is my favourite though, great comp and love the layering effect, nice one!
Gary ...

Gilly62

Brilliant pics - no favourite for me, just lovely to look at.  Thanks for sharing  O0
The only way is up!!

susiej

• Veteran Member
All of the above I heartily agree with! I particularly like the daybreak Catbells one and the Derwentwater sundown one; really lovely   O0
take it easy...but take it

www.yogaunionswansea.org

carolina2k9

• Veteran Member
no 3 for me O0 , but they are all fantastic.
Happiness is only a Hill away :-)

Willowisp

• Veteran Member
and so the mystery man finally shows us some shots ;)
and cracking shots they are as well.

Im getting nervous about putting any of mine up now :S
I shall let Granty go first lol :D

Mine will probably go up in a couple of days as heading into nights now and Granty convinced me to try RAW shots so need to learn what to do with them...
Willowisp - Beasty known for leading folks astray
Aka
Dan from Surrey don't you know. what what...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46705169@N06/

Willowisp

• Veteran Member

This is the first attempt with a RAW shot and using lightroom. The pic of Casterigg stone circle was taken on a grey day and I'm thinking a possibly a little over-processed.

More will follow when I get time
Willowisp - Beasty known for leading folks astray
Aka
Dan from Surrey don't you know. what what...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46705169@N06/

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy