Author Topic: TR-Borrowdale Camp  (Read 1628 times)

strawy

TR-Borrowdale Camp
« on: 13:37:51, 28/05/19 »
After a recent trip to Scotland,i just couldnt wait to get back out again,so,off i went to one of my favourite places.  
2 nights,solo tent,@Chapel House Farm,a great campsite in a superb location(£6 a night),been here a few times,always enjoyed.
Day 1,along by the river then up to Dalehead tarn,across to Honister mine then a section of c2c back to site,7.2 miles.
Day 2,bus to Keswick(£4.20p one way,stop is close to site)walked back via Walla Crag,Bleaberry,High Seat & Watendlath,10.2 miles,a lovely,scenic walk.
Day 3,had planned to walk up Latrigg but hay fever & lethargy had kicked in,so,a short look around Keswick before i went home,cuppla miles.
Another enjoyable trip,warm but a chilly wind up high,had a mishap when my e-cig charger caught fire,luckily it was outside of my tent & i noticed it quickly==tip,never leave anything on charge inside your tent!!
Campsite

Near Dalehead

Highline

Approaching Honister

Derwent Water

Bleaberry View

Watendlath

Am not a photographer...cheap smartphone   :-[

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: TR-Borrowdale Camp
« Reply #1 on: 14:57:51, 28/05/19 »
Yes, Chapel House Farm, £6 a night, great value. I stayed there last November the 11th, I was the only person on site, very dark! I stayed there again at the last Forum meet. Toilet block needs improving but its always been clean when I've used the facilities. A good pub nearby, the last time I was there I had great food. More down the main road as well. Great photos.

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 15:50:55, 28/05/19 »
A grand couple of walks and good clear photos from a phone  O0
The charger incident is alarming, I remember hearing about several cases like this - is it particularly e-cig devices that cause them or cheap chargers in general?.

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:42:11, 28/05/19 »
Lovely weather and great pics from a couple of classic walks O0
Does the lady who runs the campsite still  "knock" on your tent door at seven in the morning for her fee ?

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:45:26, 28/05/19 »
Lovely photos O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:51:02, 28/05/19 »
Your 'Highline' photo is stunning; the contrast is superb.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 23:25:04, 28/05/19 »
Nice write up and pics.  Borrowdale is a pretty stunning area  O0

Glad to hear that you (and your tent) are okay after the e-cig charger caught fire.

Phone pics are great.  I personally like to see "less than perfect" pics on trip reports ... makes it seem more real somehow!

strawy

« Reply #7 on: 23:38:31, 28/05/19 »
A grand couple of walks and good clear photos from a phone  O0
The charger incident is alarming, I remember hearing about several cases like this - is it particularly e-cig devices that cause them or cheap chargers in general?.
It wasnt the chargers fault,on close inspection a tiny piece of silver foil from a sweet wrapper in my pocket had got stuck on the cig battery terminal,i believe this must have caused some kind of short circuit.

strawy

« Reply #8 on: 23:51:45, 28/05/19 »
Lovely weather and great pics from a couple of classic walks O0
Does the lady who runs the campsite still  "knock" on your tent door at seven in the morning for her fee ?
No,the farmer collects nowadays,lovely guy,no set time,he seems to have a built in alarm for new arrivals.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 19:25:32, 29/05/19 »
Lovely pics Strawy  O0

It is in a lovely spot that campsite, we have stayed there before too. The toilets do let it down, like GWM says.
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy