Author Topic: Unfit and Overweight, how long training to get to where i want to be?  (Read 9213 times)

map mad kedge

• Veteran Member
Take it slowly & you'll get there.
Well done for keeping going, it takes willpower, determination & encouragement. O0
Kettlebell's are different ball shaped weights with a handle & you'd do a variety of exercises with them, that
would help tone & strengthen your muscles.
All I want for Christmas is peace of mind.

OutdoorsApe

• Veteran Member
Great advice, thankyou

Took a rest day yesterday, today i may just do a couple of miles later so almost a rest.
Dare i ask what a kettle bell workout is?   /off to google

If you have a games console you could also do one of the fitness games that are available. Fitness Evolved on the xbox 360 pretty much destroys me in around 30 minutes (the toughest 280 calories ever!) But it also tells you when your posture is incorrect or you are not in the correct form.

Kettlebells, as Map Mad Kedge has said, are weights with a handle on top, and you can use them for a whole variety of exercises. YouTube it and you'll find loads of exercises. Squats and lunges can be done without any equipment though.

I find that just adding a kettlebell in each hand for lunges or squats really improves the workout.
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."

damienellis

If you go to the gym powerplates are brilliant for muscle stimulation and circulation and they work your body harder if you exercise on them, and cross trainers are great as they build endurance plus take the impact out of your knees. Other than that just keep walking, no matter the destination, good luck, hope it all goes well for you! It's not where you came from, it's where you're going that's important.

Peace, D.
"It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward!" Rocky

www.nighttreks.com Join the mailing list

romaway

I always enjoyed a walk in the country but when I retired I started to walk more regularly.  Started with 5-6 miles one day a week.  After a year I had lost 1 stone and started to walk on a second day with Ramblers for 8 - 9 mile walks.  Now, 5 years on, I always do 10ish and sometmes 12 milers and do this 3 - days a week with a 'camping/walking' group, so we go all over the country every weekend - homemade cakes and tea are a challenge though, every afternoon.

I now like the hills best and have been to Brecon Beacons, Lanc and Shropshire hills this year and am off on a trek to Himalayas in October, not an easy trek either.  I am not a spring chicken but feel fitter than I did when I was at work in an office.

So at your age there is nothing stopping you. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy