Author Topic: FIRST walk to mount Snowdon ADVICE  (Read 8857 times)

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
Re: FIRST walk to mount Snowdon ADVICE
« Reply #45 on: 15:17:44, 27/08/16 »

All 3 have the same writing style, grammar and over inflated egos.

Sends I to sleep, it does.  Just surprised he hasn't contributed to the 'Wild Bore' thread.

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: 16:09:42, 27/08/16 »

DA has successfully hijacked the topic, turned it round onto him/her self and his/her alleged amazing and wonderful accomplishments and repeatedly harped on about stuff which really is irrelevant to the original poster's question  :-\

on this, and many other threads

altirando

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: 16:24:37, 27/08/16 »
Ju st looked back at this question which seems to have attracted a lot of posts.  It is almost inevitable that anyone going up Snowdon for the first time will follow the crowd up the obvious route from the main carpark, if only because the number of people going up that way will make the adventure feel safer.  Nothing wrong with that.  Still think the pleasantest route is starting on the Watkin path and cutting across to the south ridge at a notch, but that is the sort of thing one discovers after exploring the more obvious routes.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: 22:03:01, 27/08/16 »
Well, helllooooOOooooo altirando.  Excellent timing  O0

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: 01:57:23, 28/08/16 »

;D

I actually think he's rather good:it's all quite surreal : ;)
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

ljmeerkat75

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: 08:58:39, 28/08/16 »

Funny you are saying what quite a few of us have been thinking!!

My only concern is occasionally he sounds like he knows what he is talking about and a newbie heading into the mountains with some of his advice thinking they will be ok will come or cropper perhaps even get themselves killed eg the advice of not needing crampons or ice axe in winter conditions because in the UK you only need walking poles!!!

Or as his alter ego suggesting the Snowdon horseshoe to a lady who has never set foot on a mountain and has two kids in tow

It goes beyond a sad git trolling its dangerous and another downside is we lose new members like the OP as it looks like we are falling out

redeye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: 10:15:21, 28/08/16 »
Always thought there was something not quite right a couple of years back on a thread. The OP then lasted 3 posts but I just laugh at some replies and get on with it  ;D

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: 12:42:22, 28/08/16 »
Sadly, I think some new members aren't quite as new as they would like us to believe  :-\

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy