Author Topic: A more successful walk today  (Read 493 times)

CallMeSteven

• Veteran Member
A more successful walk today
« on: 16:52:53, 26/02/14 »
After Monday's nightmare (http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=26527.0) I re-walked out a new route for my June Ramblers walk. Hainault Forest to Stapleford Abbotts walk today, a better route without as many hazards! There were two, firstly at a place called 'Gordon's Cottages' at Woodside Farm I was barked at by a rather large dog (again!) which came jumping over a fence and kept barking. This was as I was chatting to the owner, rather loudly due to the noise of the dog. He said it only barks, so don't worry. I wish I was not so scared of dogs. Makes walking scary...sometimes. Also, near the end of the walk it's very very muddy right now. There is a narrow path to go along for about a third of a mile with barbed wire to your left, very deep soft mud underfoot and to your right, very sharp shrubs. So not at all easy. It can be avoided but that would add on another three miles top the walk  Hopefully by June when I'm due to lead the walk it would have dried out.

This was not one of the hazards!!

Nice trees

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: A more successful walk today
« Reply #1 on: 17:51:40, 26/02/14 »
Pleased it went better for you than last time, surely by June the ground will have started to dry out.

I love dogs but they are unpredictable I understand why you would be worried.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy